New Product Development Manager- Voice Transformation and Migration Projects
Hook -Bartley Way -C1600
This is an exciting time to join Virgin Media Business as a New Product Development Manager delivering the strategy for migrating VMB’s legacy on-net and off-net (WLR / Openreach) voice customer base to new services and platforms within the VMB Voice and Workspace portfolio, and to manage the execution of that strategy in the run up to the big PSTN switch off in 2025.
• Leads the definition and scope creation for various proposed migration strategies (with a technically and commercially customer facing approach), and identifies what business outcome will be delivered across multiple VMB sectors.
• Develop reporting and create insight into the existing customer base to truly understand what and how legacy services are being used, to inform fact-based decision making
• Defines TDM to IP Migration and EOL programme budgetary requirements and builds the business case, specifically the benefits side. Where appropriate this includes feeding into central Liberty global programmes and any parallel VMB owned projects to work alongside central programme activity.
• Delivers initiatives including End of Life programmes, product enhancements and customer migrations, to agreed timescales and budget
• Develops and leads the Go to Market plan, and works with wider Commercial Marketing team to deliver effective internal and market facing communication and sales enablement activities.
But what we are really looking for is:
• An explorer of new things and to change way we interact with our customers!
• Someone that is excited and comfortable with new technology- peeling back layers of new marketing technology and working out what is great a new product for Virgin Media to make informed decisions for our customers.
• Experience delivering measureable New Product Development results (through sales, marketing and product campaigns) in B2B telecoms or IT market is essential. Ideally with data technologies (Voice, SIP Ethernet, IPVPN, QoS, xDSL, FTTx, cable modem), Voice Technologies and security, Applications & Services or Software would be preferable.
• This is a broad role that requires a commercially and strategically astute senior manager with experience of managing senior stakeholders effectively, and running change programmes at an organisational level.
• The role holder will act as the voice of the customer and will be the lead point of contact within VMB for its TDM to IP Migration and 21CV programmes, removing roadblocks and ensuring that the delivery and project teams can progress unimpeded.
• The role acts as senior sponsor for their programmes to ensure that the Virgin Media Business agenda is delivered.
“We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options.
Consideration will also be given to applications made for part-time or flexible working hours.”
Join and you’ll be part of the Virgin Media family. We’re a great place to work – and we offer impressive benefits too! You will get a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension, and of course discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands! Come and be part of something special. Join us!
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!