Commercial and Finance Insight Manager
Hammersmith -Griffin House Hammersmith Road -C1770
Business Intelligence and Data Science
Function:Business Intelligence and Data Science
Commercial and Finance Insight Manager
Hammersmith, London W6 8BS
To £80,000 plus excellent benefits and up to 15% bonus
We are looking for an experienced commercial insight professional that is looking for a challenging role in a fast-moving, progressive and collaborative working environment.
This high profile role is responsible for driving the Average Revenue per User (ARPU) insight and reporting process, including influencing the various planning and analysis teams across the business with your key findings, being an influential voice and trusted adviser at senior stakeholder meetings in order to drive commercial improvements and action.
- An experienced commercial finance professional from a fast paced, data rich organisation, with a strong track record of creating and evolving commercially focused reporting and the delivery of insightful and well-presented analytical outputs.
- An accomplished influencer, confident engaging at all levels of the organisation.
- A commercially astute storyteller, able to summarise complex data into simple messages.
- Comfortable discussing how operational performance is impacting financial performance across the P&L and how your recommendations can bring the performance story to life.
The lead role in evolving the weekly ARPU insight and reporting process across the business:
- Driving the underlying analysis to understand drivers of change and presentation of results to key senior stakeholders
- Production of weekly ARPU management reporting
- Proactively influencing EC members in relation to all matters ARPU
- Lead the further development or ARPU measures in line with analytical strategy and roadmap.
Implement best in class data analytics practises, clear presentation of findings, and establish a core set of analytical tools to better anticipate and respond to EC questions and follow up.Establish robust checking and validation processes for all analytical outputs, and a zero tolerance approach to errors.Effective management of stakeholder relationships across the Customer, Consumer, Finance and Technology divisions of Virgin Media to achieve BI objectives.
Essential knowledge, experience and skills
- Qualified Accountant well versed in company financials, comfortable discussing how operational performance is impacting financial performance across the P&L
- Good understanding of analytics best practice and new/evolving analysis tools
- Strong presentation skills, in particular the ability to summarise complex analytical modelling projects into a simple and short set of slides that tell a commercially meaningful story to non-technical and senior executive audiences
- Strong attention to detail and zero tolerance of analytical errors
- Brilliant stakeholder management and relationship building skills. Adept at interacting with senior executives and adapting style to different audiences
- Solution driven, innovative, pace-setting and focused on results
- Able to act swiftly and decisively with confidence
- Strong resilience and ability to handle problems and barriers in order to meet objectives and achieve transformation
- Advanced Excel capability ideally exposed to Microsoft ‘Power’ suite & VBA. Experience in SQL would be ideal but not essential.
We’re a great place to work – and we offer impressive benefits too! You will get a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension, performance related bonus and, of course, discounts across Virgin Media products ad Virgin brands!
We embody the principles of what it is like to be part of the Virgin family. We are a collaborative bunch, and like to be a place where ideas and new ways of working can be forged.
We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options.
Consideration will also be given to applications made for part-time or flexible working hours.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!