Hammersmith -Griffin House Hammersmith Road -C1770
Business Intelligence and Data Science
Function:Business Intelligence and Data Science
Hammersmith, London or Hook/Reading
£60,000 - £73,000 plus excellent benefits and up to 15% bonus
We are looking for an experienced commercial insight professional that is looking for a challenging role in a fast-moving, progressive and collaborative working environment.
You’ll drive the exploitation of data and insight across Virgin Media and, through the development of necessary skills, tooling and processes, contribute to the development of an insight-led culture, including revenue generation opportunities and cost savings. This important role is both strategic and delivery focused to enable the business to make better strategic and operational decisions.
- An experienced commercial analytics professional with experience of working for a large organisation, either on the client or agency side
- Able to ‘bridge the gap’ between data analytics, commercial insight and business impact
- Comfortable in producing commercially sound market insight to drive business decisions
- An accomplished influencer, confident engaging at all levels of the organisation
- A commercially astute storyteller, comfortable discussing ROI and P&L impacts
- A driver of change, one who relishes the opportunity to influence others with a strong ability to understand the commercial and strategic perspective
- Manage Insight function including engagement with senior stakeholders across Virgin Media and Liberty Global – scoping, prioritising and triaging the development of insight and evidence to drive decision making
- Effective management of stakeholder relationships including implementation of effective prioritisation mechanisms
- Develop and manage a team who act as ambassadors for insight and alongside them, drive education programmes to underpin cultural evolution toward being an insight driven organisation; leadership of talent development initiatives for areas of accountability
- Delivery of well-designed, thorough, innovative and commercially-focussed analysis projects to support key strategic decision making, proactively seeking out trends and new insights from available data to inform, guide and drive key business decisions and opportunities
- Use extensive knowledge of customer insight techniques to actively explore, assemble and analyse drawing insightful conclusions and making actionable recommendations which keep the customer at the heart of everything we do
- Implement best in class data analytics practises with clear and innovative presentation of findings
Essential knowledge, experience and skills
- Proven experience in a hands-on analytical role within a large organization
- Strong technical background in data analytics
- Strong commercial storyteller with impeccable writing and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail with an investigative approach and zero tolerance of errors
- Good stakeholder management and relationship building skills. Adept at interacting with senior executives and adapting influencing style to different audiences
- Solution driven, innovative, pace-setting and focused on results
- Strong resilience and ability to handle problems and barriers in order to meet objectives
- Proven commercial acumen
- Highly numerate with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent SQL, R or Python analytical skills
We’re a great place to work – and we offer impressive benefits too! You will get a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension, performance related bonus and, of course, discounts across Virgin Media products ad Virgin brands!
We embody the principles of what it is like to be part of the Virgin family. We are a collaborative bunch, and like to be a place where ideas and new ways of working can be forged.
We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options.
Consideration will also be given to applications made for part-time or flexible working hours.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!