Senior Manager Integration Design
Hook -Bartley Way -C1600
Job Title: Senior Manager Integration Design
Please be aware that our Hook Office is being re-located to Reading, Green Park during Q4 2019.
Closing Date: Friday 20th September
Salary: Up to £65,000-£70,000 dependent on experience + 15% bonus potential
What is the job?
As we enter one of the most exciting times in our history we are seeking an API Integration Design Manager to join our Digital Intelligence and Experience team supporting our CTIO UK function. We are looking for someone that oozes our Virgin values and embraces the on-going ways of working within Liberty Global.
Our Technology, Information and Operation function really is the force behind Virgin Media. Without these super people we wouldn’t have the latest technology in place to constantly challenge our competitors and continue taking the UK market by storm.
Working in our CIO team is very unique. We work collaboratively within the wider CTIO function and with our Liberty Global European IT & Delivery function bringing exciting products to Virgin Media. We are proud to be part of the world’s largest broadband communications company and continue to delight our customers in true Virgin style!
We are looking for an innovative API Integration Design Manager to be responsible for engagement into the Integration Design team, collaborating closely with the Senior Integration Development Manager to co-ordinate digital change, capacity plan and report on delivery status and feasibility.
As the API Integration Design Manager you will manage and plan resources within the design team, allocate work and all team management. You will also have a key role in defining and managing Integration strategies and policies, Integration and Data Model Governance, Integration Architecture, Design Delivery and Feasibility and be the Integration Subject Matter Expert.
Some of the key accountabilities include:
• Provides Subject Matter Experts and Guidance for the wider company on Integration Design and the systems integrating.
• Provides clear leadership and management to the Integration Design team. Ensuring people, knowledge and skillsets are in place and creating a collaborative culture that demonstrates a drive for continuous improvement.
• Line Manager, responsible and accountable for the Integration Design team deliverables to senior management and project team including sponsor, programme/project managers, systems integrators, E2E Solution Design team, development, consumers, testing and other stakeholders
• Manages overall financial plan and budget tracking and submission
• Initial contact for design subject matter expertise, project engagement, resource estimates, resource allocation and project escalation.
• Ability to react to varying resource demands to manage team size and utilisation against project demand forecasts, which can be affected by key business and financial drivers.
• Ensuring a high level of quality and consistency within the integration domain.
• Detailed understanding of standards, organisational standards and industry standards to allow the implementation of an overall set of standards that can be maintained against a strategic architecture.
• Detailed knowledge of industry standards of data modelling related to standards is required to provide strategic alignment with industry and organisation standards.
• Ensures all middleware documentation is maintained for each service including Service Register, Logical Data Model, Performance and Configuration, blueprints and Master Error Code List.
• Supports the E2E Solution Designer to help define suitable, technically valid and feasible solutions based on technical and budget constraints
• Provide project tracking, issue resolution and reporting management to Programme/Project Management and System Integrators.
• Inputs into the estimation process during the Idea Creation and Delivery stages of projects.
• Ensures that the Solution Design is produced using the agreed templates and adheres to the guidelines and policies managed by other teams (including Architecture, Operations and Information Security)
• Reviews detailed E2E solution design and backend/downstream designs produced by E2E solution design other teams and third parties, to ensure they are aligned with the Integration Design Document
• Engage with Architecture and E2E Solution design to ensure alignment of integration design to and from these groups.
Are you right for the role?
• Previous experience leading Integration/Middleware Solution Design/Architecture teams. Proven team management skills (motivation, planning, delegation, control) in a fast moving and dynamic environment. Proven ability to manage high value and complex vendor relationships in a cable/ telecommunications environment.
• Experience of working with technical teams at all levels, from design through to development and implementation.
• Experience as the lead technical expert. Provides thought leadership and defines strategic direction from a technical perspective. Understands, explains and presents complex technical ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences at all levels in a persuasive and convincing manner.
• Substantial Middleware Design/Architecture experience in a Telco environment.
• Strong and proven track record with Design, governance and Data Modelling in a multi-tiered IT infrastructure.
• Proven experience in the integration of diverse, new and legacy systems covering front and back end and external third party systems and interfaces. Able to lead design discussions and coordinate design decisions for systems to be delivered by multiple suppliers, both internal and external third parties.
• Understanding of development methodology and software development life cycle with a record of having applied the knowledge successfully in a variety of situations.
• Previous hands on experience in software development, systems integration, end to end testing or data management.
• Significant experience in:
o Service Oriented Architectures and API design. SOA Best practices & Governance
o Web and e-Commerce. HTTP based SOAP/REST, XML/JSON
o TM Forum Frameworks: eTOM, TAM, SID and Integration Framework (TNA)
o API Gateways e.g. Oracle API Gateway, Akana
• Europe-wide mobility essential – specifically ability/permission (visas etc.) to reside and travel within Schengen countries and UK/IE.
• Understanding of UML design principles including use case diagrams and sequence diagrams
• Knowledge of the following areas:
o Principles such as loose coupling, service longevity, abstraction, automony, statelessness, granularity, normalisation, discovery, reusability and encapsulation
o Patterns including
Message exchange patterns
Consumer exchange patterns
o Middleware solutions such as Oracle Fusion (preferred), Web Sphere, JCAPS
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!