IT Development and Delivery Director
Manchester -Wythenshawe Concord Bus Pk Threapwood R -C0480
Job Title: IT Development and Delivery Director
Salary: Up to £90,000 dependent on experience + car allowance + bonus
Closing Date: Friday 21st June
As we enter one of the most exciting times in our history we are seeking a Director of IT Development & Delivery to join our IT Business and Operational Platforms team supporting our CTIO UK function. We are looking for someone that oozes our Virgin values and embraces the on-going ways of working within Liberty Global.
Our Technology, Information and Operation function really is the force behind Virgin Media. Without these super people we wouldn’t have the latest technology in place to constantly challenge our competitors and continue taking the UK market by storm.
Working in our CIO team is very unique. We work collaboratively within the wider CTIO function and with our Liberty Global European IT & Delivery function bringing exciting products to Virgin Media. We are proud to be part of the world’s largest broadband communications company and continue to delight our customers in true Virgin style!
What is the job?
As a business that’s totally in love with cutting edge thinking and digital goodness, it’s no surprise that our IT & Operations teams have crucial roles to play. They underpin so much of what we do. That means everything from design and architecture, through to development, testing and delivery of the systems. From the biggest projects to essential daily maintenance, all kinds of people have important roles to play.
Reporting to Snr Director Business & Operational Support Platforms and overseeing a team of 100+ employees, the Director of Service Fulfilment Platforms leads and directs the IT teams, providing strategic direction and thought management, whilst ensuring end–to–end delivery of solutions related to platforms within domain.
The primary purpose of this role is to ensure efficient and effective management of the Service Fulfilment Platforms Team (nationwide or strategic partner managed onshore/offshore) and their relevant activities across multiple technologies and business domains. The role is accountable for the detailed design, development, delivery, and support of all UK Service Fulfilment.
Some of the key accountabilities include:
- Provides clear leadership and management to the Service Fulfilment Platform teams. Ensuring people, knowledge and skillsets are in place to deliver strategic objectives
- Works with Solution Design and analysis teams to translate requirements of stakeholders into developing Service Fulfilment capabilities that support business objectives and end-to-end cohesion of services
- Support IT demand management and IT governance processes related to the Service Fulfilment domain
- Translates customer requirements into the delivery of systems and services that support business growth objectives and ensures skill sets are in place to deliver strategic objectives.
- Oversees the management of partner resources and supplier agreements in support of business need
- Provides Subject Matter Experts and Guidance for the wider company on Service Fulfilment systems.
- Maintains and improves relationships with key customers, peers and key vendor partners.
- Ensures that system development is implemented in a secure, coherent and consistent manner and that planned systems developments are compatible with the organization’s existing systems, infrastructure and strategic plans.
- Fosters a customer-focused approach and ensures effective team working; encouraging ownership and initiative as well as ensuring that lessons are learnt after failures.
- Manages overall financial plan and budget for unit and supports the annual budget submission
Are you right for the role?
Essential Knowledge & Experience:
- Strong significant experience in a delivery focussed role
- Significant experience in leading development and support teams in a dynamic and fast-paced, global environment
- Strong business understanding and able to work in highly sensitive environments with often conflicting interests
- Strategic and objective decision making demonstrating balanced consideration of technical and business issues, and individual and team goals
- Fosters a strong team environment that promotes successful delivery in a fast paced environment
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with all levels to ensure mutual and shared understanding
- Builds and maintains strong internal and external relationships through mutual understanding and emotional intelligence
- Experience of analysing, assessing and resolving complex technology requirements, problems and issues Demonstrated talent for balancing long-term strategy with short term objectives.
- Experience and skills in guiding teams through architectural decisions focused on reliability, performance and high-availability
- Proven ability in managing budgets and the facilitating budgeting process
Preferred Skills & Abilities:
- Telco/Cable experience beneficial but not essential
- Proven team management skills (motivation, planning, delegation, control) in a fast moving and dynamic environment
- Lead technical expert. Provides thought leadership and defines strategic direction from a technical perspective.
- Understands, explains and presents complex technical ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences at all levels in a persuasive and convincing manner
- Proven ability to work in and lead programs and projects that support major technical platform roll out and/or migration
- Ability to support budget management with a view to supporting group expenditure objectives
We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!