Pre Sales Executive
Hook -Bartley Way -C1600
Please be aware that our Hook Office is being re-located to Reading, Green Park during Q4 2019.
We are looking for a Pre-Sales Consultant Executive to join our Virgin Media Business (VMB) team. Predominately responsible for supporting our field based sales teams, covering Local Government, you will pro-actively engage to help qualify opportunities and offer technical support on more complex opportunities. You will play a critical role in ensuring that the customers’ requirements are met by developing technically valid and commercially sound solutions which ultimately enable their business to transform and aid their strategy. This role is initially based in Hook with future relocation to Reading Green Park.
• Act as a trusted technical advisor to support Sales in the qualification of opportunities and identification of unique VMB business value in existing and new logo acquisition accounts, delivering associated revenue streams into VMB.
• Develop technical design solutions that address the business needs of VMB customers and production of design documentation. Where opportunities develop to become complex, non-standard, multi-product, multi-partner ensure timely and clearly documented hand off to Sales Engineering or Solution Architecture retaining customer and Sales engagement as required.
• Interface directly with the Sales community and VMB customers, customer facing skills are essential.
• Contribution to the technical / solution elements of Account Development Plans for key accounts and strategic acquisition opportunities. Work with our Sales community to continually update these plans for in-life accounts. Also contribute to Opportunity Closure Plans.
• Champion brilliant customer service, be conscious of and contribute to improving VMB’s NPS Score.
• Within our customer base engage with technical and product teams, business influencers and decision makers, create peer relationships. Work closely with our customers to develop compelling propositions and provide complete confidence in our technical capability. Ensure the customer’s view of VMB is one of a trusted technical advisor.
• Ensure that all customer opportunities are effectively qualified prior to committing additional VMB or partner resources. Good communication skills are required to ensure Sales and all stakeholders understand the rationale and reasoning for any decisions / recommendations.
• Produce the most cost effective and commercially competitive solutions and own applicable cost models for the end to end solution, actively engaging with the wider VMB group and or partners.
• Develop and document the solution design and costs, drawing on relevant resources from around the business where necessary to meet the customers’ requirements. Liaise with all relevant stakeholders and partners to gain full sign off from a technical and operational perspective. Retain ownership of technical documentation.
So what are we looking for?
• Experience in understanding network and voice architectures, cloud services.
• Ability to understand and present complex technical solutions, in industry standard formats to technical and non-technical audiences, drawing out commercial benefits and matching solutions to customer requirements.
• A customer service focused approach, always ensuring that the customer’s objectives are at the forefront of everything.
• Ability to build relationships and work cross functionally across the business with a range of stakeholders.
• Positive can-do attitude, target driven with the passion and energy to succeed.
• Possess the ability to find solutions, fixes and demonstrate a can-do attitude to ensure the delivery of the product within agreed timescales.
• Knowledge and experience with networking technologies in the IT, Telecoms or SI industry
“We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!