Resource & Demand Planner
Birmingham -Eagle Court Coventry Road -C1700
Salary: Salary up to £31,000 per annum plus amazing Virgin Media Benefits.
27th September 2019
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a self-motivated & passionate individual within a successful nationwide business.
We are looking for a Resource & Demand Planner to join Virgin Media based in Birmingham. The role is a full time office based position but may require minimal travel & offers room for progression for the right person.
If successful you will join a dynamic and friendly team environment working with likeminded hardworking individuals.
Ideally you will have experience as a Demand Planner & will have strong analytical skills including intermediate/advanced Excel/ PowerPoint, MS Access.
• Responsible for the design, development & timely update of Demand Forecasts, Resource Planning Tools & Reporting including & publication.
• Responsible for assisting the Planning Manager in production of accurate forecasts that in turn generate precise resource requirements.
• Responsibility for the regular update of Management Information & Reporting relating to the Resource Planning Function.
• Assist in the measurement & analysis of performance versus budget/plan.
• Work with the Planning Manager to ensure all service jobs are accounted for in the National & Regional Install Demand Forecast.
• Monitor assumptions & actual results against forecast/budget.
• Develop & enhance the quality and publication of Management Information to the Resource Planning & Consumer Operations Management Teams.
• Responsible for matching field capacity to forecasted workload demand via effective management of in-house downtime & movements of the in-house & partner field based workforce.
• Ensure that appointment quota loaded and sold accurately reflects the capacity/capability of our field based workforce for each forecasting region on each and every operational day.
• Liaise with Resource Planning Coordinators and Area Field Managers (AFMs) to ensure that planned tech moves, holiday and OT usage has been accurately administered within InVision.
• Work with Resource Planning Coordinators in the final adjustment of the daily IH install plan to ensure that the Field Support Operations Centre (FSOC) and Field Teams are set up to succeed on each operation day (pre-day & handover process).
• Communicate resource plans to AFMs & Head of Department (HOD) to influence and ensure that ALL necessary actions are taken to deliver the plan.
• Deliver a great and consistent customer experience, through regular management and adjustment of appointment availability across ALL service and install work types.
• Work closely with Regional Resource Planning Manager to ensure that short-range plans are consistent and not-contradictory to the mid-long range plans, and ensure that any perceived contradictions are investigated and considered in future plans
• Skilled/Experienced in MS Excel at intermediate/advanced level.
• Proven knowledge & understanding of forecasting variables within demand and capacity.
• Logical and analytical thinker that can quickly evaluate information and make intelligent and confident decisions.
• Excellent attention-to-detail to ensure that output and communication from Resource Planning Team is consistent, professional and accurate.
• Strong communication (verbal and written) skills with the ability to understand the brief and clearly communicate actions taken and the requirements of AFMs and FSOC.
• Self-motivated and passionate about developing within the role and further developing the skills required for future career progression.
• The ability to manage workload effectively, ensuring prioritisation of tasks and publication of communications in line with required deadlines.
We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with me adjustment process.
If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!