Senior Product Manager - MDU
Hammersmith -Griffin House Hammersmith Road -C1770
Senior Product Manager - MDU
Location – Hammersmith W68BS or Hook RG27 9UP (Moving to Reading Q3 2019)
Salary- Competitive + up to 15% bonus + benefits
This is a great time to join Virgin Media as a Senior Product Manager within our connectivity team; this role plays a critical part in delivering Virgin Media’s growth over the next 3 years through with responsibility for delivering key Connectivity initiatives that deliver value to our customers and to Virgin Media.
You will define, develop and launch new Connectivity product initiatives on time, to budget and high quality that deliver commercial benefits to support OCF growth.
The focus of the role will initially be oriented to a key growth segment with the opportunity to operate across the Consumer and B2B audience. This is a great time to join the team at the beginning of a growth journey that is likely to see the team expand and take on increasing responsibility
The Connectivity team is responsible for growing the value of Virgin Media’s Connectivity Proposition (encompassing broadband, home phone, Wi-Fi and related services) by anticipating, meeting and exceeding our customer’s needs. As a key team within Consumer we have touch points across the company and work closely with our colleagues in Technology & Innovation division and Liberty Global.
Our cutting edge broadband, and next-generation voice services, are central to Virgin Media’s future growth and have an exciting and positive impact on people’s lives and enabling their entertainment needs. We believe in a digital world that makes good things happen for people and helps them communicate with each other. To that end, we’re committed to providing the best services, support and guidance.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- You will develop a strong understanding of customer needs to design new product initiatives and propositions that deliver value for customers and can be monetised to deliver value for Virgin Media
- You will define new propositions, and initiatives to deliver OCF growth in line with the G2G budget and plan
- Work with Commercial & Finance teams to develop clear and robust investment and business cases and take responsibility for realising the benefits post launch.
- Collaborate with our Network and Technology teams to define product developments and initiatives in detail and drive for creative solutions that deliver a great product and customer experience.
- You will form strong project teams and working groups to support and enable initiatives, draw in the appropriate areas expertise when needed.
- ‘Join the dots’ between different activities to identify and manage dependencies within their own project.
- Work closely with Consumer, Technology & Network colleagues to deliver projects on time and to budget balancing the trade-off with product content and quality to maintain a strong customer proposition and experience.
- Identify and manage risks keeping stakeholders updated with mitigation plans
- Timely progress and performance reporting to Connectivity Senior Leadership Team
- Be an ambassador for the Connectivity team
Experience and knowledge:
- Demonstrable experience in generating original ideas and solving problems creatively with customer focus and a pragmatic delivery mind-set.
- Basic Project Management knowledge and experience
- Familiarity and practical application of Agile development approaches is an advantage but not obligatory
Skills and personal qualities:
- Passionate and self-motivated, maintains strong engagement when the going gets tough and is keen to take on new challenges to evolve their role and responsibilities as the business changes.
- Comfortable with taking ownership and responsibility for projects and is capable of initiating the first steps themselves. Knows how and when to ‘check in’ to validate that objectives and outcomes are aligned.
- Technical aptitude to rapidly understand how technology and the network enable product capabilities and features in order to ‘join the dots’ with consumer needs and commercial value drivers.
- A strong collaborator who can build an effective partnering network with key stakeholders to co-create and execute product developments.
- Plans ahead to secure support from key resources and commitment to their plans in other team’s roadmaps. Focusses on key milestones and anticipates potential issues in order to keep implementation on track.
- Applies sound judgement to determine which decisions they should make for themselves and which require the broader engagement of impacted stakeholders. Distils issues and problems into well-informed recommendations and decisions before sharing with senior stakeholders.
- Commercially astute with an analytical and numerate mind, able to rapidly analyse multiple sources of information and present clear conclusions bringing clarity to complex topics.
- Has the gravitas to effectively manage senior level relationships/stakeholder at all levels. Able to challenge effectively with strong arguments whilst maintaining good working relationships.
- A confident communicator with strong written and verbal presentational skills. Can be clear about what’s required of people and by when.
- Flexible and able to multi-task; can work with an ambiguous, fast-moving environment while also driving toward clarity and solutions, demonstrating resourcefulness in setting priorities.
- Comfortable working autonomously with an entrepreneurial drive for results. Committed to self-development.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology so they can do more, be more and have more fun. Join and you’ll be part of the Virgin Media family. You can trust us to do the right thing by you.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!