Technical Support Analyst
Peterborough -Beechcroft Orton Southgate -C1350
Salary: Full time, permanent Location: Peterborough Starting at £24,800 depending on experience
Why Virgin Media? We are the future. We understand our people, their lifestyles and we support them no matter what. We LOVE being different, thinking outside the box and being the best we can be, all the time.
What will you be doing?
As the Technical Support Analyst you will be dealing with general inbound and outbound calls quickly, courteously and efficiently in line with departmental standards, policies and procedures to ensure that all department service levels and key performance indicators are met.
You will be required to complete a detailed fault diagnostics (including remote diagnostics) utilising appropriate technical diagnostic tools, resolving all faults within target times, and ensuring all calls are logged on the system.
Other duties but not limited to:
- Support Engineers completing site visits for faults
- To ensure that outstanding problems are escalated according to procedures and to continue to monitor and own outstanding problems ensuring that resolution is achieved in the shortest possible time
- Providing support to managers, team members and other colleagues to ensure departmental service levels are met
- Communicating with and having a working knowledge of other departments as required to ensure that all customer faults are dealt with speedily and efficiently
- Maintaining a comprehensive knowledge of all policies, processes and procedures in place and ensure these are adhered to when dealing with customers
- Ensuring that customers perceptions are managed effectively
Are you right for the role?
So it’s the moment of truth, right? What are we looking for in the successful candidate?
Essential minimum criteria:
- CCNA Qualified (or ICND 1/2) Telephony / customer service skills
- Had involvement in Networking before
- Proven commercial experience in working in a faults environment
Desirable NOT essential:
- Knowledge of Alcatel, Cisco, General Internetworking, TCP/IP principles & DNS and Netgear router/switch technology
- Basic Network fault troubleshooting skills
- Understanding of TCP/IP and the OSI 7 layer model
We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology so they can do more, be more and have more fun. Join and you’ll be part of the Virgin Media family. You can trust us to do the right thing by you.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!