VMB Early Careers Development Lead
Hook -Bartley Way -C1600
Talent and Organization Development
Function:Talent and Organization Development
Job: Early Careers Development LeadLocation: Hook
Virgin Media is currently on the lookout for an Early Careers Development Lead which is part of the Virgin Media Business division to join us here in Hook.
What’s the purpose of this role?
The purpose of this role is to:
- Lead the delivery of Graduate, Intern and Apprentice schemes for VMB ensuring that it is best in class in B2B and develops the capabilities required for the future.
- Collaborate and work within the Early Careers Programme Framework to deliver VMB scheme cyclical activities including recruitment, selection, support structures, training and development, identification and delivery of placements and performance management
- Establish future talent requirements from SLT for their function and works with the early careers team to identify relevant and future focused opportunities to grow early careers solutions across VMB against workforce capability needs,
- Manage engagement and retention of VMB early careers; building and delivering VMB initiatives and aligning to overall early careers strategy
- Provide ongoing design and delivery support to the sponsors, head of year and line managers of all the schemes
- Manage the process for identification and landing of graduates at the end of their scheme and supporting interns who wish to return after final year at University
- To provide VMB scheme specific case studies, blogs, Vlogs etc to support wider early careers attraction activity e.g. social media
What does the job entail?
As an Early Careers Development Lead you would be responsible for a number of key activities including a few of the following:
- Partner with the early careers team to ensure the VMB schemes operate within the overall programme frameworks
- Drive operational excellence across all future talent initiatives
- Set the strategic direction of future talent in VMB
- Champions VMB values and behaviours and ensures that they are reflected against all aspects of the scheme
- Seek advice on design solutions from People Team COE’s
- Create a means to track future talent and their development in VMB post scheme
- Provide coaching and support to Heads of Year and Line Managers to enable effective support to our future talent
- Ensure that the right capabilities are being developed in line with personal development plans including quarterly development days
- Working with PBP’s, Finance and SLT to ensure candidates roll off into budgeted headcount.
- Drive Social Media and Digital mind-set across initiatives
- Ensure that the roles and compensation package for post graduate scheme are competitive within the external market
- Drive the in life programme schemes, ensuring that our graduates, interns and apprentices have a full understanding of the customer journey within VMB
What’s in it for you?
As the right candidate for the role of Early Careers Development, you will be a creative thinker who is able to influence at all levels within a organisation and will have some of the following:
- Project management in line with strategic requirements
- Experience of delivering to targets/deadlines
- Managing multiple stakeholders in matrix organisation
- Experience of working with senior leaders
- Proven coaching skills
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate, energise and mentor team members
- Responsible for ensuring that we have consistent, high quality practices, driving and encouraging a culture of putting our customers first, whilst being human at all times.
- Encourage transformational and innovative thinking and collaborative team working across the function to passionately drive activities that enables us to achieve a place where we achieve a brilliant customer experience every time
- Display energy and passion to achieve and exceed stretching targets
- Passion for delivery of excellent service and internal and external customers
- Drives continuous improvement of schemes
This is fantastic opportunity for you to within a hugely passionate business area. In return we will offer you the opportunity for training and development to help you lead and develop your career in the direction you want to. You will receive structured reviews with a focus on what you are looking to achieve
Other great information
We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology so they can do more, be more and have more fun. Join and you’ll be part of the Virgin Media family. You can trust us to do the right thing by you.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!