Pre Sales Consultant - SDWAN Specialist
Hook -Bartley Way -C1600
An exciting opportunity to join one of our dynamic Specialist Sales Teams here in Virgin Media Business as a Presales Consultant. You’ll be responsible for providing sales expertise to existing and new customers in a proactive manner early in the customer journey to maximise their digital potential and support the Virgin Media Business Growth Plan.
The purpose of the role is to provide C-Level thought leadership, consultation and solution recommendations to our customers, in particular for SD-WAN, and also to act as an evangelist for VMB’s SD-WAN capability and the associated Value Added Services (VAS) portfolio to VMB Account teams. The main responsibility will be selling VMB’s SD-WAN portfolio in a consultative “business outcome led” manner, and being able to articulate the benefits and comparisons of each solution in a simple effective manner to ensure that our solution addresses the customer requirements and business objectives. The successful candidate will have significant successful new business sales experience across public sector and/or enterprise customers and prospects. An in depth market knowledge, sales success and industry credibility is essential.
A track record in selling into key verticals is preferred – e.g Health, Blue Light, Enterprise
- To exceed stated targets as agreed with your line manager by promoting SD-WAN services, driving adoption within the existing account base, providing incremental revenue streams into Virgin Media Business.
- Engage with C-level contacts, other business influencers, and decision makers in the account based in line with the VMB sales strategy. Work with the account teams and customers to achieve a compelling end to end Virgin Media Business SD-WAN proposition, and provide complete confidence in our capability.
- Lead the qualification of opportunities to recommend the best glide path to SD-WAN, Interface into the Account and Sales Engineering teams to help them lead the sale
- Represent the customer needs and provide thought leadership in the development of our product portfolio and account specific sales strategies.
- Work collaboratively with our solution partners, develop relationships and campaign activities to drive value-add, go to market propositions.
- Interface in to Marketing, helping them develop the Go To Market SD-WAN proposition and provide feedback into the VMB SLT on the recommended direction of travel.
- Have an appreciation of underlying network and associated technologies (eg. MPLS and SIP trunking, Voice, LAN and IPT)
- Ability to influence VMB account, bid and commercial and product teams as required to identify opportunities within the existing account base and help shape VMB’s strategy in this area.
What we are looking for:
- Communication skills: first class ability to understand and present solutions to clients, drawing out commercial benefits and matching solutions to customer requirements.
- Strong commercial understanding, to interact with customers and Finance to ensure benefits of solutions for customers and profitability for Virgin Media Business are optimal.
- Awareness of emerging technologies and how they strategically fit with Virgin Media’s commercial strategy and the goals of its customers.
- Gain understanding of all products and services offered by Virgin Media Business to ensure tight integration of solutions, and identification of additional opportunities.
- Flexibility to handle extensive UK travel and overnight stays. Flexibility is needed over start and end times to support, for example, customer issues or proposal deadlines.
- Experience in selling solutions to UK centric public sector and enterprise customers in WAN / SD-WAN is essential, including demonstrating solutions where applicable. Responding to complex, high value, major bids based on applicable technologies and solutions.
- Single Vendor SD-WAN experience essential (Silver Peak, Velocloud, Viptela) Multi-Vendor experience preferred.
“We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options. Consideration will also be given to applications made for part-time or flexible working hours.”
Join and you’ll be part of the Virgin Media family. We’re a great place to work – and we offer impressive benefits too! You will get a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension, and of course discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands! Come and be part of something special. Join us!
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!