Wholesale Billing Analyst
Bradford -Mayfair Business Park Broad Lane -C1610
Role: Wholesale Analyst
Salary: up to £23,000 per annum + Amazing Benefits
Virgin Media is currently searching for a Wholesale Analyst to join our Wholesale Billing and Interconnect team here in Bradford, which forms part of Management Accounts.
What’s the purpose of this role?
The Wholesale Analyst is responsible for delivering key support to the Wholesale Billing and Settlement team and the wider Management Accounts function, ensuring that Wholesale & Interconnect invoice settlement and partner billing is delivered timely and accurately. Within the role, you will be responsible for managing and maintaining the commercial rates agreed for Interconnect activities in your area, as well as providing revenue and cost optimisation by producing analysis and interpretation of financial data, identifying issues and producing front-line controls to deliver operational excellence.
What does the job entail?
Your duties will be wide ranging in this role, but ultimately you will be responsible for:
- Translate complex financial information into robust, accurate and timely reporting/billing
- Maintain and update the wholesale billing system with the latest commercial agreements
- Prepares non-standard reports that meet content, quality and schedule requirements and communicates this to the business, providing technical interpretation and guidance to internal customers
- Communicates regularly with the business to ensure thorough understanding of reporting requirements and business needs
- Ensures Virgin Media compliance with Corporate Governance and authorisation procedure and internal financial controls; maintains audit/Sox requirements
- Liaises with IT function with regards to billing system
- Manages end to end PO process
- Invoice validation with 3rd party carriers traffic
- Help manage internal and external queries relating to Interconnect, including dispute management.
Where does this job sit within Virgin Media?
This role is part of our Corporate Support Division, which includes the following centres of excellence: Corporate Affairs, Finance, Group Risk, Legal, People, Property and Facilities, and Virgin Media Shared Services. We are relationship focussed people and our aim is to partner with the business to drive, promote and embrace important and impactful organisational growth.
What’s in it for you?
Everyone in our Finance team has a proactive approach to work, with a keen eye for detail and the ability to deliver to deadlines. If you are an entry-level candidate/Graduate and looking for your first move into a commercial business, and are passionate about data and numbers, then this could be the right role for you. In addition, if you are doing a role similar to this currently but are looking to expand your remit then this could be the role for you!
If you join us as a Wholesale Analyst we would want you to have:
- Strong Excel and Business Objects skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills across the wider business
- Logical and methodical approach to work
- Financial awareness and understanding
- Ideally, experience of working in a complex, highly controlled environment, focusing on large amounts of data – this could be your current role or you may have carried out placements within organisations like this!
This is fantastic opportunity for you to work as part of a complex Finance team. In return we will offer you the opportunity for training and development to help you lead and develop your career in the direction you want to. You will receive structured reviews with a focus on what you are looking to achieve.
Other great information
We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology so they can do more, be more and have more fun. Join and you’ll be part of the Virgin Media family. You can trust us to do the right thing by you.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!