Manchester -Wythenshawe Concord Bus Pk Threapwood R -C0480
Salary: Full time, permanent Location: Manchester
Why Virgin Media? We are the future. We understand our people, their lifestyles and we support them no matter what. We LOVE being different, thinking outside the box and being the best we can be, all the time.
What will you be doing?
As the Network Planner, you will be designing and planning activity within Virgin Media Network Planning team. Within this role, you will be incorporating the containment system of Fibre, Copper and HFC for the Telephony, Data, Digital TV and Broadband Networks.
Other duties but not limited to:
- Ability to operate as part of a technically astute Network planning team with expertise in a variety of disciplines, supporting a diverse product set from, copper & co-axial to complex fibre Fttp technology (xWDM), PDH and SDH solutions.
- Ensure effective and efficient support of Business customer projects to meet project deliverables (time and budget) to agreed SLAs and Customer Required Dates
- Plan access network upgrades) in line with national guidelines to agreed delivery dates.
- To assist the Geographical Information System (GIS) team in the updating, maintenance and production of accurate network records.
- To assist in the implementation of new network architectures, services and bespoke requirements.
Are you right for the role?
So it’s the moment of truth, right? What are we looking for in the successful candidate?
Essential minimum criteria:
- Full driving licence
- Experience working with planning / design tools
- Proven experience of working in a fast paced environment HFC / FTTP or Diversions experience
We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology so they can do more, be more and have more fun. Join and you’ll be part of the Virgin Media family. You can trust us to do the right thing by you.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!