Bradford -Mayfair Business Park Broad Lane -C1610
Job Title: Defence Specialist
Salary: £30,000 to £32,000 per annum + Amazing Benefits
Virgin Media is currently searching for a Defence Specialist which is part of the Legal and Regulatory division, based from our Bradford office.
What is the purpose of this role?
The purpose of this role is to provide direct support to our Wayleave Department who obtain and maintain rights of access over land prior to installation of the Virgin Media network. You will focus on reducing the time taken to agree/implement wayleave documents through knowledge of legislation and ability to negotiate with legal parameters whilst applying the new Electronic Communications Code powers including advising the business of the strengths or merits of a course of action. You will empower Wayleave Officers to manage disputes with confidence in a timely manner through accurate and consistent support and will reduce the volume of legal challenges on wayleave by working with legal/Claims to provide reference documents and training. You will also produce regular update reports of claims progression for key stakeholders including Head of Claims, Property Counsel and Wayleave.
This is an in-house role and you may at times also be required to build your knowledge within unfamiliar areas of law quickly by undertaking legal research and to handle matters outside your specialist area.
What does a Defence Specialist do at Virgin Media?
In role of Defence Specialist you would be responsible for a number of key activities including a few of the following:
- Produce high quality legal documentation including editing and negotiating specific wording, proof reading, technical drafting of contract clauses with the ability to self-manage;
- Research and apply current legislation, and consider this alongside case law in order to properly advise and support our wayleave officers;
- Responsible for the day to day conduct of pre litigated and litigated legal claims;
- Accountable for the timely resolution of disputes in accordance with specific SLAs or KPIs relevant to your work type;
- Manage the claims to a high standard, with integrity, in compliance with regulatory and statutory requirements;
- Draft and communicate with care and skill to uphold the professional image of the Claims Department;
- Keep in mind the image, reputation and purpose of Virgin Media / Liberty Global
What’s in it for you?
As the right candidate for the role of Defence Specialist you will be a Solicitor or Chartered Legal Executive from either a private practice or in-house role, and will have some of the following;
- Experience of Small, Fast and Multi Track litigation;
- Comfortable with Communications Act 2003 and the Electronic Communications Code;
- Knowledge of CPR in general and exposure to litigation;
- Must have experience of managing a caseload of land disputes and an understanding of the Land Compensation Act would be ideal;
This is fantastic opportunity for you to work as part of a team. In return we will offer you the opportunity for training and development to help you lead and develop your career in the direction you want to. You will receive structured reviews with a focus on what you are looking to achieve.Other great information
We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology so they can do more, be more and have more fun. Join and you’ll be part of the Virgin Media family. You can trust us to do the right thing by you.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!