DataService Principal Engineer
Manchester -Wythenshawe Concord Bus Pk Threapwood R -C0480
Salary: Excellent salary and benefits!
Join our Virgin Media Business team as our Data Services Principal Engineer you will be our Unified Communications specialist who will successfully implement and maintain both bespoke LAN Solutions and Digital Platforms on behalf of Virgin Media Business
Your responsibilities will be wide ranging, but principally you will be accountable for:
• Implementing projects within budget and within customer timescales and following the design documentation.
• Taking ownership and resolving faults passed by the Fault Management Centre (FMC) within the customer Service Level Agreement (SLA) and update the FMC as required throughout the life of the fault.
• Taking part in the out of hours on call faults rota.
• Supporting the wider engineering team and escalating issue/faults as required in a timely manner.
• Leading on major projects and be the main technical point of contact throughout the life of the project.
• Providing Time Estimates relating to Data Services project.
• Testing and developing customer solutions within the Lab environment in order to support both new and existing customers.
What are we looking for?
• Strong Customer facing skills
• Sound understanding of Data Networking technologies and concepts
• Use of relevant tools and test equipment.
• Experience in delivering Data Networking projects/solutions
• Experience in fault finding/problem resolution on Data Networking products.
• Excellent PC skills ( Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Terminal Emulation)
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Should be accredited to Cisco CCNP collaboration
Join the Virgin Media family, and you’ll find that all kinds of progression are possible. We offer all sorts of rewards and incentives so, whatever your role, you’ll be recognised for the brilliant things you do. We’ll encourage you to bring ideas, try new things and most of all, to be yourself.
Consideration will also be given to applications made for part-time or flexible working hours
We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!