Finance Manager - Group Accounting
Bradford -Mayfair Business Park Broad Lane -C1610
Role: Finance Manager – Group Accounting
Salary: £38,000 to £45,000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
Virgin Media is currently searching for an experienced Finance Manager to work with us here in Bradford. This is an exciting time to join Virgin Media as a Finance Manager – Group Accounting; you will help us communicate the numbers to the wider business and beyond and will have free reign to add real value to the way we do things through critical ad hoc project work.
What’s the purpose of this role?
The Group Accounting Finance Manager is part of the Liberty Global UK Shared Service Centre’s team within the Financial Accounting department and is responsible for complete, on-time and accurate monthly financial reporting for Liberty Global’s headquarters in Amsterdam and London. In addition to the usual corporate departments Liberty Global has centralized development of group technology, procurement and entered into complex financing agreements. This adds a lot of complexity and challenges to the accounting processes.
The Group Accounting Finance Manager oversees and monitors these processes. The Group Accounting Finance Manager has regular meetings with various departments to make sure activities and priorities are aligned and partners with Group Reporting and Financial Control.
What does the job entail?
Your duties will be wide ranging in this role, but ultimately you will be responsible for:
- Responsible for General Ledger accounts and sub-ledgers to be monitored, specified, reconciled and analysed. To do this the Group Accounting Finance Manager works hands-on with the offshore team;
- Post and validate journals. The Group Accounting Finance Manager ensures that all journal entries are accompanied by appropriate back-up to explain why the entry is made. For this the Group Accounting Finance Manager needs to be knowledgeable on US-GAAP requirements as well as on audit requirements. The Group Accounting Finance Manager knows how to translate complex contracts, risks and day-to-day business into financial impact;
- Responsibility for Month-End Reporting. On a monthly basis our financial statements need to be reported to various departments within Liberty Global. We report via Oracle, HFM, via Excel and PowerPoint;
- Responsible for SOX documentation and evidencing performance of financial controls within the Liberty Global SOX framework.
- Manage part of the offshore Financial Accounts team in Bangalore, as Liberty Global has outsourced transactional and standardised tasks to Accenture in Bangalore;
- Process changes and improvements. Liberty Global and therefore the accounting department is constantly changing, which means that processes change as well. The Group Accounting Finance Manager will support implementing these changes and is always on the lookout for improvements.
Where does this job sit within Virgin Media?
This role is part of our Corporate Support Division, which includes the following centres of excellence: Corporate Affairs, Finance, Group Risk, Legal, People, Property and Facilities, and Virgin Media Shared Services. We are relationship focussed people and our aim is to partner with the business to drive, promote and embrace important and impactful organisational growth.
What’s in it for you?
Everyone in our Finance team has a proactive approach to work, with a keen eye for detail and the ability to deliver to deadlines. If you join us as a Finance Manager – Group Accounting we would want you to have:
- Professional Accountancy qualification (ACA; ACCA; CIMA etc.) with post-qualified experience.
- Knowledge of US GAAP, UK GAAP, IFRS and SOx control framework.
- Experience of working in a complex and fast pace environment, delivering to deadlines. Preferably in large corporate structures and/or international organisation.
- Strong excel financial systems and account preparation software skills (e.g. Oracle, Hyperion/HFM, Caseware)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
This is fantastic opportunity for you to work as part of a complex Finance team. In return we will offer you the opportunity for training and development to help you lead and develop your career in the direction you want to. You will receive structured reviews with a focus on what you are looking to achieve.
Other great information
We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology so they can do more, be more and have more fun. Join and you’ll be part of the Virgin Media family. You can trust us to do the right thing by you.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!