Finance Assurance Analyst
Bradford -Mayfair Business Park Broad Lane -C1610
Role: Finance Assurance Analyst
Salary: £35,000 to £38,000 per annum + Amazing Benefits
Virgin Media is currently searching for Finance Assurance Analyst to work within our Wholesale / Interconnect team here in Bradford. This role is responsible for delivering key support to the Management Accounts function, supporting operational activities to ensure accurate 3rd party (Wholesale) cost validation and billing assurance is upheld.
What’s the purpose of this role?
The purpose of the Finance Assurance Analyst role is to manage and maintain the commercial rates agreed for Interconnect activities in specific areas and help provide revenue and cost optimisation by producing analysis and interpretation of financial data, identifying issues and producing front-line controls to deliver operational excellence. You will also ensure that Finance Assurance remains aligned with Commercial Finance and Management Accounts, and will work as one team to deliver divisional success.
What does the job entail?
Your duties will be wide ranging in this role, but ultimately you will be responsible for:
- To provide key analysis and insight into the Voice and Data Interconnect receivables and payables functions.
- To ensure call rating and billing is done accurately and timely to ensure reported numbers are accurate and cash is collected promptly.
- To ensure the Interconnect system information is correctly maintained to produce accurate cost reconciliations and provide assurance over Interconnect spend.
- Correct complex billing and rating errors in a timely manner, identifying possible root causes, trends and issues and escalating as appropriate.
- Identify any trends and issues and advise on all possible areas of process weakness within Management Accounts.
- Identify and build relationships with end users and business stakeholders to create an environment for clear communication and sign off.
- Support the validation of existing billing inaccuracy integrity reports ensuring they are fit for purpose.
- Provide key insight and different lens views of financial information to support the analysis of group financials.
- Help manage internal and external queries relating to Interconnect, including dispute management.
- Advise on requirements and make suggestions for 2nd line control tools.
- Other ad-hoc, value-add tasks.
Where does this job sit within Virgin Media?
This role is part of our Corporate Support Division, which includes the following centres of excellence: Corporate Affairs, Finance, Group Risk, Legal, People, Property and Facilities, and Virgin Media Shared Services. We are relationship focussed people and our aim is to partner with the business to drive, promote and embrace important and impactful organisational growth.
What’s in it for you?
Everyone in our Finance team has a proactive approach to work, with a keen eye for detail and the ability to deliver to deadlines. If you join us as a Finance Assurance Analyst we would want you to have:
- Financial acumen – understanding of finance terminology required
- Ability to communicate strongly with all areas of the business, but specifically with finance, commercial, IT and product teams
- Proven ownership of a business area and/or business processes
- Required high level excel skills, SQL preferable, to be able to handle and manipulate large volumes of data
- Understanding of end-to-end billing process (payables and receivables), ideally with working knowledge of Oracle.
- Experience of process innovation, simplification and improvement
- Ideally you will have worked within an Interconnect or Telco (Telecommunications company to you and I!) and have experience of Wholesale Billing
This is fantastic opportunity for you to work as part of a complex Finance team. In return we will offer you the opportunity for training and development to help you lead and develop your career in the direction you want to. You will receive structured reviews with a focus on what you are looking to achieve.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology so they can do more, be more and have more fun. Join and you’ll be part of the Virgin Media family. You can trust us to do the right thing by you.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!