Bradford -Mayfair Business Park Broad Lane -C1610
Salary: £35,000 to £43,000 per annum + Amazing Benefits
Virgin Media is currently searching for an Accountant to join our International Voice Unit (IVU) team here in Bradford, which forms part of Management Accounts.
What’s the purpose of this role?
This role reports into the Finance Manager for IVU, supporting the transfer of accounting activities that currently take place in Heidelberg Germany. Provides continuous financial support for the Financial Control group, ensures timely submission of financial data to the Technical organizations and other stakeholders.
What does the job entail?
Your duties will be wide ranging in this role, but ultimately you will be responsible for:
- Support the transfer the accounting processes currently carried out in Heidelberg, Germany to Bradford, United Kingdom.
- Perform month-end activities, including accruals, prepayments, commitments, and drafting journal entries, other month end procedures.
- Invoicing of intercompany and third party transactions
- Dispute handling of (financials)
- Operate effectively in a challenging work environment (organization, processes and procedures) with adherence to tight deadlines.
- Make recommendations to improve internal controls and develop procedures in support of changing business activities
- Initiate the standardization of processes and procedures. Initiate and implement improvements where required
- Build good working relationships with all relevant parties
- Manage the financial reporting process including assistance in month end closing procedures. Initiate and implement improvements where required.
- Critical involvement in intercompany transactions from an impact on the finance function perspective.
- Ensure timely communication of relevant information to wider stakeholders.
- Interaction with other stakeholders of the company to correct performance shortfalls and develop the business, adding value.
- Deal with ad-hoc accounting issues as requested by Management.
Where does this job sit within Virgin Media?
This role is part of our Corporate Support Division, which includes the following centres of excellence: Corporate Affairs, Finance, Group Risk, Legal, People, Property and Facilities, and Virgin Media Shared Services. We are relationship focussed people and our aim is to partner with the business to drive, promote and embrace important and impactful organisational growth.
What’s in it for you?
Everyone in our Finance team has a proactive approach to work, with a keen eye for detail and the ability to deliver to deadlines. If you join us as an Accountant we would want you to have:
- Accounting Qualification (e.g. CIMA, ACCA or ACA) with experience gained in industry, ideally within a multinational finance environment
- Knowledge and experience with SOX control frameworks
- Proficient use of Microsoft Excel and ideally Oracle
- Ability to deal with complex accounting matters
- Ability to work to other accounting standards, primarily US GAAP and Dutch GAAP
This is fantastic opportunity for you to work as part of a complex Finance team. In return we will offer you the opportunity for training and development to help you lead and develop your career in the direction you want to. You will receive structured reviews with a focus on what you are looking to achieve.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology so they can do more, be more and have more fun. Join and you’ll be part of the Virgin Media family. You can trust us to do the right thing by you.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!