Senior RPA Developer
Bradford -Mayfair Business Park Broad Lane -C1610
Role: Senior RPA Developer
Salary: Up to £55,000 per annum + Amazing Benefits
Virgin Media is currently searching for a Senior RPA Developer to work with us here in Bradford. This is an exciting time to join Virgin Media – this role sits within our Robotics and Automation team, and looks at all Robotics Process Automation (RPA) solutions within Virgin Media.
What’s the purpose of this role?
The Senior RPA Developer will be responsible for developing end to end automation solutions for Finance Operations and the wider Finance community.
What does the job entail?
We are looking for a Senior RPA Developer that can truly help us make a different across Finance Operations here at Virgin Media.
Your duties will be wide ranging, but ultimately you will:
- Work closely with virtual team to evaluate processes regarding suitability for RPA (Robotics Process Automation) and work effort estimation
- Implement best practice in automation design and development in accordance with UiPath frameworks
- Build and maintain a repository of re-usable automation components for common activities
- Ensure robust SVT and UAT cycles are carried out, with all associated findings documented accordingly
- Implement good governance around the deployment of automation ensuring contingency plans are in place prior to accepting automation into a production environment
- Design and implement audit and monitoring procedures to notify process owners of exceptions and failures in the automation processes
- Uphold SLAs for the turnaround of fixes and enhancements arising from changes to underlying systems and processes
- Impart existing RPA knowledge / experience with colleagues, providing guidance on best practice and development techniques
- Build relationships with the automation vendors and ensure we keep software and development techniques up to date
- Optimise the use of the licenses to ensure the maximum throughput of activity for each license acquired.
- Take ownership of robotic activities, providing IT Security, SOx, Internal Audit and any other relevant stakeholders with updates as required
- Maintain relationships with IT teams regarding infrastructure support / updates to ensure robustness and scalability
- Build relationships with offshore partners to ensure a consistent approach between onshore and offshore automations.
Where does this job sit within Virgin Media?
This role is part of our Corporate Support Division, which includes the following centres of excellence: Corporate Affairs, Finance, Group Risk, Legal, People, Property and Facilities, and Virgin Media Shared Services. We are relationship focussed people and our aim is to partner with the business to drive, promote and embrace important and impactful organisational growth.
What’s in it for you?
If you join us as a Senior RPA Developer, we would want you to:
- Be degree educated or equivalent level of qualification
- Have working experience of RPA Development Software (e.g. UiPath, Automation Anywhere etc.)
- Have a proven track record of working and devliering within a high profile technology and process change environment where you have driven process change through a structured and methodical approach
- Have good knowledge of financial controls, IT security standards and Data Privacy/GDPR requirements
- Have excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages including Visio
- Have undertaken formal training in Lean Six Sigma Methodologies
- Have a good understanding of ITIL best practice and development methodologies
- Ideally you will have the UiPath Academy Level 1 and Level 3 Accreditation
- Finance or related back-office operational background, ideally with BPO experience
This is fantastic opportunity for you to work as part of an ever-changing and developing team. Virgin Media is heavily investing in the development of RPA as a business, and therefore there will be lots of scope and development for your role in the future. We will offer you the opportunity for training and development to help you lead and develop your career in the direction you want to. You will receive structured reviews with a focus on what you are looking to achieve.
Other great information
We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology so they can do more, be more and have more fun. Join and you’ll be part of the Virgin Media family. You can trust us to do the right thing by you.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!