Senior Finance Business Partner - VMB Sales
Hook -Bartley Way -C1600
Planning, Controlling and Reporting
Salary: Excellent Salary & benefits
Function:Planning, Controlling and Reporting
Job: Senior Finance Business Partner – VMB Sales
Excellent Salary & benefits
Virgin Media is currently on the lookout for a Finance Business Partner which is part of the Virgin Media Business Finance team to join us here in Hook. This role will relocate to Reading in October 2019 when we move from Hook to our new office in Green Park.
What’s the purpose of this role?
As a Key senior finance role for the Virgin Media Business division covering all sales channels; Direct, Indirect, specialist and desk based. You will lead and challenge LRP, budget and re-forecasts across all VMB sectors, ensuring business ownership, that plans are realistic and costs are appropriate
What does the job entail?
As a Senior Finance Business Partner you would be responsible for a number of key activities including a few of the following:
- Expected to regularly deputise and the coordinate and lead team.
- Ability to deputise seamlessly for Head of Department with senior stakeholders.
- Take complex information and understand the key issues at play, then communicate in a clear, concise and engaging way to a broad audience including senior leadership’
- ‘Work closely with stakeholders to set stretching but realistic targets based on a good understanding of the area and identifying areas of opportunity’
- Analysis that drives a deeper level of understanding of the key drivers of financial performance and the appropriate corrective actions required
- ‘Identify opportunities to make improvements to processes/tools/etc, escalating to HoD/FD if appropriate to discuss re-prioritising or finding additional resource where
- Responsible for month end including full explanation of variances to LRP/budget/re-forecast/actuals on month end call, plus updating all commentary requirements and schedules
- Preparation of the month end/budget/re-forecast/LRP packs
- Ensuring budget is effectively managed and ongoing effectiveness is monitored on a regular basis to ensure efficiency of spend
- Regular review of purchase order commitments and process to ensure robust governance and balance sheet control
- Maintain and enhance the existing control environment to protect the integrity of SOX controls
Where does this job sit within Virgin Media?
This role is part of our Corporate Support Division, which includes the following centres of excellence: Corporate Affairs, Finance, Group Risk, Legal, People, Property and Facilities, and Virgin Media Shared Services. We are relationship focussed people and our aim is to partner with the business to drive, promote and embrace important and impactful organisational growth.
What’s in it for you?
As the right candidate for the role of Senior Finance Business Partner, you will be a qualified accountant and will have some of the following:
- Proactivity, relentless drive for improvement
- Able to influence decision making process, especially at a senior level
- Ability to apply wider LG/VM context to all decision-making.
- Prepared to voice an opinion and be part of discussions at a senior stakeholder level, even if outside specific remit.
- Gravitas, able to hold own
- Stakeholder management, uses thought managementto achieverequirements
- Strong planning and control discipline
- Commercial acumen
- Proven ability to provide insightful delivery
- Straightforward, simple and open communication style
- Ability to articulate clear messages within presentations
- Great team with an ability to connect people to a purpose/vision
- Self-motivated, setting an example for others to follow
- IT – good Excel modelling, PowerPoint and Word skills are required
- Use of Financial systems (CPR / Essbase / Oracle)- key deliverability for reporting and planning
This is fantastic opportunity for you to work (autonomously / as part of a team /)….In return we will offer you the opportunity for training and development to help you lead and develop your career in the direction you want to. You will receive structured reviews with a focus on what you are looking to achieve
Other great information
We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology so they can do more, be more and have more fun. Join and you’ll be part of the Virgin Media family. You can trust us to do the right thing by you.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!