Payment Services Projects Manager
Bradford -Mayfair Business Park Broad Lane -C1610
Role Title: Payment Services Project Manager
Salary: £53,000 to £60,000 per annum + Amazing Benefits
Virgin Media is currently searching for a Payment Services Project Manager which is part of our Finance Operations division here in Bradford. This role will report into Craig Morgan who is our Director of Payment Services and will work alongside Chloe Wood, Payment Operations Manager.
What’s the purpose of this role?
The Payment Services Project Manager will play a key role in managing all projects that sit within the P2P remit. One of the key projects for 2019 is the ERP (Oracle) migration of Ireland and Central onto the existing UK platform. This role will initially be heavily involved in the successful delivery of this project, working alongside the Global Financial Systems (GFS) project team. Several P2P specific projects will be run concurrently – these project objectives will be driving process improvements in order to enhance controls and drive efficiencies within P2P, all the while remaining SOx compliant.
Working with the Director of Payment Services and the VP of Payment Operations, the Payment Services Project Manager will need to influence stakeholders, provide project and programme leadership across the P2P teams, act as a role model for P2P and ensure the P2P voice is heard in wider project-related discussions, within finance and elsewhere.
The Payment Services Project Manager will act as a liaison for project activities, define objectives, oversee quality control and prepare proposals, whilst ensuring that existing processes continue to operate effectively.
What does the job entail?
The Payment Services Project Manager role is a very varied position, allowing you to get involved in varied, high-priority projects on an ad-hoc basis, from a Payment Services/Purchase to Pay (P2P) perspective in a fast-paced, ever changing company without a 9 to 5 attitude! Within this role, you will also have 4 direct reports. Here are some of the tasks we may need you to be involved in;
- Working in close collaboration with stakeholders and teams, both finance and non-finance
- Ensuring that the migration of systems is fully controlled – therefore, there will be a need to understand existing processes and therefore, propose new process changes to ensure that P2P requirements are met in a new system
- Driving further project identification, initiation, management and change leadership whilst continuously driving improvements and enhancements of day-to-day functional processes and practices.
- Supporting audit/due diligence information requests as and when required
- Supporting SOx team investigations and implement recommendations
- Review and audit key KPIs to give assurance over critical and published measures of P2P effectiveness.
Other than our upcoming ERP Migration, future projects you may get involved in within this role are as follows;
- Simplification initiatives, for example standardising approvals, matching thresholds, tolerances etc.
- Driving the standardisation journey across Payment Services, including policy alignment initiatives as well as process improvements.
- Implementation of a Small Order Desk to streamline smaller value spend - working closely in collaboration with local and global Procurement teams.
- Other projects to ensure effective process, in conjunction with procurement, for example, the inclusion of contract references in the ERP system.
- Supporting automation initiatives by delivering the automation of tasks to reduce the number of manual tasks performed by the P2P team.
- Potential projects around improvement of governance & reconciliation where significant change is required
Where does this job sit within Virgin Media?
This role is part of our Corporate Support Division, which includes the following centres of excellence: Corporate Affairs, Finance, Group Risk, Legal, People, Property and Facilities, and Virgin Media Shared Services. We are relationship focussed people and our aim is to partner with the business to drive, promote and embrace important and impactful organisational growth.
What’s in it for you?
As the right candidate for the role of Payment Services Project Manager you will have experience in a similar role across a complex, fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and will have some of the following:
- Formal accounting qualification (CIMA/ACCA or ACA)
- Significant project experience gained within a finance environment (you may currently be a CI Lead, Project Manager, Continuous Improvement Manager, Payment Services Project Manager, Finance Projects Manager or something similar!)
- Significant Accounts Payable (AP) knowledge and experience OR experience of Purchase to Pay (P2P) gained within a broader finance role
- Proven track record in managing complex projects leading to desired results
- Preferably you will have experience with ERP updates, systems implementation or being a systems super user – this is not essential but would be the icing on the cake!
- Stakeholder listening and influencing skills are a must for this role and ideally you will have experience of people management
This is fantastic opportunity for you to work as part of the wider team. In return we will offer you the opportunity for training and development to help you lead and develop your career in the direction you want to. You will receive structured reviews with a focus on what you are looking to achieve.
Other great information
We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology so they can do more, be more and have more fun. Join and you’ll be part of the Virgin Media family. You can trust us to do the right thing by you.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!