Finance Manager - Lightning
Bradford -Mayfair Business Park Broad Lane -C1610
Role: Finance Manager - Lightning
Salary: £45,000 to £55,000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
Virgin Media is currently searching for a Finance Manager – Lightning to work with us here in Bradford in our Management Accounts team. This is an exciting time to join Virgin Media as a Finance Manager - you will help us communicate the numbers to the wider business and beyond and will have free reign to add real value to the way we do things through critical ad hoc project work.
Management Accounts deliver accurate internal reporting and analysis to internal and external stakeholders in Group Financial Control, Group Financial Planning and Analysis, Commercial Finance, external Auditors and the wider Accounting Services team, to support timely decision making and ensure the accuracy of external reporting
What’s the purpose of this role?
To ensure provision of accurate monthly and quarterly reporting, and provide analysis & reconciliation review in line with agreed timescales and group policy as well as identifying, managing and communicating operational and financial risks and process changes for your area. You will also be managing internal and external stakeholder relationships that impact your monthly processes.
What does the job entail?
Critical to the Finance function, we are looking for a Finance Manager – Lightning to help us communicate the numbers to the wider business and beyond. It’s not just your job to report on the numbers however, you will have free reign to add real value to the way we do things through additional responsibilities and ad hoc project work.
Your duties will be wide ranging, but ultimately you will be responsible for:
- Working with Internal and Outsourced colleagues, monitoring completion of accounting tasks for your area
- Some overseas travel may be required in order to build relationships with any colleagues in your area (optional)
- Identify and manage operational and financial risks to OCF and Balance Sheet accounts
- Understand business changes and strategy and taking responsibility to be an expert on processes within your area, suggesting amendments and working with the outsourced team to ensure delivery, whilst maintaining accurate accounting
- Balance Sheet accounts, including review of reconciliations and ensuring adequate assurance activities have occurred, commercial and transactional completeness of commentary, and summarisation of key items
- Profit and Loss/Capex Accounting - Review and present divisional reporting packs for internal stakeholders in line with required deadlines, working with Group Financial Control and Policy to ensure GAAP compliant policies are applied to profit and loss accounting entries, and identify and communicate non-recurring transactions
Where does this job sit within Virgin Media?
This role is part of our Corporate Support Division, which includes the following centres of excellence: Corporate Affairs, Finance, Group Risk, Legal, People, Property and Facilities, and Virgin Media Shared Services. We are relationship focussed people and our aim is to partner with the business to drive, promote and embrace important and impactful organisational growth.
What’s in it for you?
Everyone in our Finance team has a proactive approach to work, with a keen eye for detail and the ability to deliver to deadlines. If you join us as a Finance Manager we would want you to have:
- A professional accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent)
- Experience within Management Accounting and/or Audit experience
- The ability to communicate with senior stakeholders across the business, to understand their needs and requirements in order to provide excellent customer service
- Experience of working collaboratively, across internal and external teams in multiple locations, to deliver improvements and best practice
- The drive to be self-motivated, well organised and resilient – ideally with experience of working under pressure in a fast-paced environment!
This is fantastic opportunity for you to work as part of a complex Finance team. In return we will offer you the opportunity for training and development to help you lead and develop your career in the direction you want to. You will receive structured reviews with a focus on what you are looking to achieve.
Other great information
We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology so they can do more, be more and have more fun. Join and you’ll be part of the Virgin Media family. You can trust us to do the right thing by you.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!