Head of Compensation
Hook -Bartley Way -C1600
Head of Compensation
NB: Virgin Media will be moving to Green Park, Reading in October 2019
Virgin Media is currently searching for a Head of Compensation to cover a Maternity Contract.
What’s the purpose of this role?
The Head of Compensation is accountable for the for the design, development / enhancement, implementation, delivery, analysis and management of pay, compensation strategy, plans, policies and processes (excluding variable pay, equity, benefits and legislative changes), working in conjunction with the Reward Director, Finance, external providers/brokers and Legal stakeholders for the whole employee population. The scope of the role includes the management of large scale cyclical activities including Annual Salary Review.
The role contributes to the Reward strategy as part of a small team of Reward Professionals. It ensures that implementation of all Reward activities are project managed and delivery of employee communications and budgets are met.
The role manages a team of people who, as subject matter experts (SMEs), provide reward business partnering across Virgin Media and network externally to ensure reward interventions and solutions are market leading, reflect best practice, legally compliant and commercially successful.
What does the job entail?
In role of Head of Compensation you would be responsible for a number of key activities including a few of the following:
- Lead the strategic planning and determine the compensation strategy (excluding variable pay) including policy, plan design and provision, to ensure competitiveness, cost effectiveness, legal compliance and optimum employee value
- Implement the compensation strategy and be accountable for the management of all companywide cyclical reward programmes, including ASR.
- Research and analysis of market data related to all compensation offerings and present it in a clear, concise manner supported by the relevant modelling
- Network externally to ensure compensation interventions and solutions are market leading, reflect best practice, legally compliant and are commercially successful.
- Manage the creation and interpretation of reward market intelligence data to improve and maintain Virgin Media’s desired market position, building relevant external networks to underpin the knowledge.
- Act as Reward Lead on projects relating to compensation, developing proposals and providing recommendations.
- Influence and provide support and insight through business partnering with the People Directors and other SME areas around general reward topics.
- Develop, recommend and negotiate Executive Reward offers and exit terms and arrangements
- Develop, design and implement the compensation communication, education and marketing plan in line with the Virgin Media reward journey
- Accountable for day to day management of all core Reward activity, query resolution and operationalisation of all Reward related People policies
- Accountable for compensation related TUPE and M&A activity
- Act as a reward coach to the people team, business leaders, employees and managers providing them with the advice, guidance, support, skills and tools to proactively deliver the Reward Strategy
- Act as a champion of the Virgin values ensuring that they are reflected in everything that we do
What’s in it for you?
As the right candidate for the role of Head of Compensation, you will be results focussed with the ability to work across multiple functions. Your commercial awareness will be excellent and you will have exceptional influencing skills.To be considered for the role we would be looking for the following experience and skillset:
- Sound knowledge of employment/reward legislation and practice Reward knowledge and expertise
- Programme management and delivery
- Extensive postgraduate HR/ Reward experience in industry sectors which are customer-facing and change led, in organisations of at least 3,000 employees.
- Commercial approach to Reward and a thought leader in either total reward or specific subject areas; with evidence of working with senior leaders in delivering reward interventions which are commercially successful.
- Experience and knowledge in managing stakeholders; identifying key stakeholders and building effective relationships across an organisation.
- A ‘doer’ as well as thinker – strong on both strategy and implementation, demonstrates experience of working with project management methodology and delivering large scale projects to time and budget.
- Talks as an expert and listens as a customer, showing effective thought leadership and influencing skills and a good team motivator.
This is fantastic opportunity for you to work as part of a high performing team.
Other great information
We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology so they can do more, be more and have more fun. Join and you’ll be part of the Virgin Media family. You can trust us to do the right thing by you.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!