Finance Manager - External Reporting (FTC)
Bradford -Mayfair Business Park Broad Lane -C1610
Role: Finance Manager – External Reporting (FTC)
Salary: £38,000 to £45,000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
Virgin Media is currently searching for an experienced Finance Manager to work with us here in Bradford for a Maternity Cover fixed-term contract. This is an exciting time to join Virgin Media as a Finance Manager – External Reporting; you will help us communicate the numbers to the wider business and beyond and will have free reign to add real value to the way we do things through critical ad hoc project work.
What’s the purpose of this role?
Working in a constant changing, dynamic, fast paced and diverse environment, this role of Finance Manager – External Reporting, combines a variety of external reporting responsibilities. Reporting to the Investment Company Senior Finance Manager, this role will produce cyclical financial reporting statements for a number of stakeholders, including external audit, group external reporting and group tax. Legal entity account preparation experience is key and an ability to pick up NL GAAP alongside UK GAAP and IFRS also a prerequisite.
What does the job entail?
Your duties will be wide ranging in this role, but ultimately you will be responsible for:
- The review of the US GAAP ledgers, on quarterly basis, for the UK statutory entities under Liberty Global Central and Denver (current count around 20 entities) for unusual transactions or transactions in areas of potential GAAP differences US GAAP vs. local GAAP (FRS 101)
- Identification & quantification of local GAAP adjustments for each entity, recording of these in an extended trial balance i.e. to achieve a local GAAP trial balance
- High level analytics of P&L and Balance Sheet under local GAAP following preparation of local GAAP trial balance. Particular focus on reserves roll forward & correct allocation & valuation of reserves e.g. share premium on share issues, dividends & SBCE equity postings. Submission of analytics, reserves roll and GAAP adjustments to James for review & clearance, and follow up of any outstanding items/queries
- Discussion of GAAP adjustments & local GAAP trial balance with LG UK and NL tax teams for tax accounting & further support as needed
- Preparation and support in the audit of financial statements for UK statutory entities. Including liaising with various stakeholder to understand the transactions and provide supporting documents to KPMG
- Preparation and filing of annual statutory accounts under NL GAAP
- Preparation and reporting of Special Purpose Vehicles
Where does this job sit within Virgin Media?
This role is part of our Corporate Support Division, which includes the following centres of excellence: Corporate Affairs, Finance, Group Risk, Legal, People, Property and Facilities, and Virgin Media Shared Services. We are relationship focussed people and our aim is to partner with the business to drive, promote and embrace important and impactful organisational growth.
What’s in it for you?
Everyone in our Finance team has a proactive approach to work, with a keen eye for detail and the ability to deliver to deadlines. If you join us as a Finance Manager – External Reporting we would want you to have:
- Professional Accountancy qualification (ACA; ACCA; CIMA etc.) with post-qualified experience.
- Knowledge of US GAAP, UK GAAP, IFRS and SOx control framework.
- Experience of working in a complex and fast pace environment, delivering to deadlines. Preferably in large corporate structures and/or international organisation.
- Strong excel financial systems and account preparation software skills (e.g. Oracle, Hyperion/HFM, Caseware)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
This is fantastic opportunity for you to work as part of a complex Finance team. In return we will offer you the opportunity for training and development to help you lead and develop your career in the direction you want to. You will receive structured reviews with a focus on what you are looking to achieve.
Other great information
We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology so they can do more, be more and have more fun. Join and you’ll be part of the Virgin Media family. You can trust us to do the right thing by you.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!