Bradford -Mayfair Business Park Broad Lane -C1610
Job Title: Claims Handler (Fixed-Term Contract)Location: BradfordSalary: £20,240 per annum + Amazing Benefits + Fully-funded CILEX Course
Virgin Media is currently searching for multiple Claims Handlers to join the Virgin Media Services Claims & Insurance Legal team based in Bradford. These positions are offered on a fixed-term contract basis for 6 to 12 months, and flexible hours/shifts are available.What’s the purpose of this role?The purpose of this role is to focus on the recovery of damages from third parties following network damage in an accurate, effective and timely manner, utilising current legislation and case law to provide options and solutions to enable a strong recovery rate of legal costs.What does a Claims Handler do at Virgin Media?
In role of Claims Handler you would be responsible for a number of key activities including a few of the following:
- Respond to information requests from internal and external contacts in a timely and efficient manner
- Work to achieve and deliver against the relevant KPI’s
- Review documentation; summarise and identify key points, risks and issues; and questions and considers solutions. Where appropriate present analysis to line manager
- Identify internal and external contacts and liaise with them to gather information
- Keep up to date with relevant legislation and case law
- Raise with line manager or Claims Specialist any important issues or concerns and seek assistance and direction
- Flexibility to support the operating model and ensure consistent advice to the business
Where does this job sit within Virgin Media?This role is part of our Corporate Support Division, which includes the following centres of excellence: Corporate Affairs, Finance, Group Risk, Legal, People, Property and Facilities, and Virgin Media Shared Services. We are relationship focussed people and our aim is to partner with the business to drive, promote and embrace important and impactful organisational growth.
What’s in it for you?
As the right candidate for the role of Claims Handler, you will have some of the following:
- Degree level education within a Legal specialism and/or relevant qualifications
- Strong commercial experience
- Knowledge of law and experience of case handling
- Listens to and understands stakeholders requirements
- Good negotiating skills
This is a great opportunity for you to work as part of a fantastic team. In return we will offer you the opportunity for training and development to help you lead and develop your career in the direction you want to. You will receive structured reviews with a focus on what you are looking to achieve.Other great informationWe are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology so they can do more, be more and have more fun. Join and you’ll be part of the Virgin Media family. You can trust us to do the right thing by you.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!