Bradford -Mayfair Business Park Broad Lane -C1610
Role: Payroll SpecialistLocation: BradfordSalary: £28,000 to £35,000 per annum + Amazing Benefits
Virgin Media is currently searching for a Payroll Specialist to work with us in our Employee Services team in Bradford.
So why Virgin Media? We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade, with a huge programme to extend our ultrafast broadband network and brilliant Virgin TV to 17 million homes and businesses. We’re challenging our competitors with the best services and the fastest speeds.
What’s the purpose of this job?
The person that takes on this job will report into Hazel Brown, our Payroll Manager and will indirectly report into Fiona Healey, our Employee Services Lead. Hazel and Fiona want the successful person to be able to hit the ground running and support in all things payroll and compliance – the job sits within our existing Employee Services team in Bradford, which is made up of 15 people onshore and a further 50 offshore. Our payroll team makes sure approx. 15,000 of our employees within Liberty Global and Virgin Media are paid accurately and on time each month!
What does the job entail?
This job is critical to ensuring that we operate our payroll service within Employee Services in the right way for our colleagues – there is no 9 to 5 attitude, the business is fast-paced and ever changing so you’ll need to get your head around that, as well as working with and influencing key stakeholders across the business!
Your duties will be wide ranging, but ultimately you will be responsible for:
- Producing reports and analysing payroll data, including data migration and manipulation
- Responding to various reporting requests from stakeholders across the business, ensuring a smooth process and quick turnaround – at times these will be needed within quick succession in order to meet deadlines
- Working with and influencing key stakeholders across the business – you will need to have the ability to challenge and push back where necessary
- Cyclical and Non-Cyclical project activities – currently within our Employee Services team we have over 100 projects to deliver in 2018, and we are already half way through these, so you will definitely get involved in those remaining – this will involve both individual and team working, which could be with our onshore or offshore teams
- Payroll control, audit and compliance – understanding governance, control frameworks and payroll processes
Where does this job sit within Virgin Media?
This role is part of our Corporate Support Division, which includes the following centres of excellence: Corporate Affairs, Finance, Group Risk, Legal, People, Property and Facilities, and Virgin Media Shared Services. We are relationship focussed people and our aim is to partner with the business to drive, promote and embrace important and impactful organisational growth.
What’s in it for you?
To be successful in this job, we would want you to have the following;
- Good, solid Payroll, Compliance and/or Audit background would be amazing for this role
- Detailed and practical knowledge of statutory legislation, governance, processes and payroll control frameworks
- Experience working with a fast-paced environment and the ability to meet super tight deadlines at times
- Excellent communicator and comfortable communicating with people at all levels – both oral and written
- Previous stakeholder management experience – this could be for stakeholders at all levels
- Super user of Microsoft Excel / Word and Outlook
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Understanding of how commission schemes work would be an advantage, but not essential
- Experience using Oracle / Work Day / Business Objects would be the icing on the cake!
In return we will offer you the opportunity for training and development to help you lead and develop your career in the direction you want to. You will receive structured reviews with a focus on what you are looking to achieve.
Other great information
We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options.
Consideration will also be given to applications made for part-time or flexible working hours.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology so they can do more, be more and have more fun. Join and you’ll be part of the Virgin Media family. You can trust us to do the right thing by you.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!