Early Careers Administrator
Hook -Bartley Way -C1600
Future Careers Apprenticeship Administrator
NB: Virgin Media will be moving to Green Park, Reading in October 2019
Virgin Media is currently searching for a Future Careers Apprenticeship Administrator. This role forms part of the Future Careers Team which manages apprenticeships, interns and graduate programmes. The team consists of centralised subject matter experts, who support our wider people team and business leaders in the achievement of our business and people strategy.
What’s the purpose of this role?
The purpose of this role is to provide administration delivery relating to all the operational and cyclical activity of our apprenticeship programmes.Our Future Career Programmes are a strategic priority to ensure that we have an entry level and future career focused talent pipelines within the organisation.This role will work closely with the Apprentice Manager, Apprenticeship Development Specialists as well as operational stakeholders.
What does the job entail?
In the role of Future Careers Apprenticeship Administrator you would be responsible for a number of key activities including a few of the following:
- Deliver all administration based tasks against the apprenticeship project plan to time and standard, providing a consistent and engaging apprentice experience to support apprentice’s quality provision and to complete on time.
- To accurately maintain all aspects of the apprenticeship programme Master Tracker; including updating and maintaining all relevant learner and training provider record information.
- To administer apprenticeship funding; updating learners on the government levy digital portal to ensure all funding is managed and receipted.
- Administration and co-ordination of management information of the full training and development delivery provision; including internal reports and external training provider information e.g. new starters, leavers, progression, salaries, performance
- To maintain the apprentice budget tracker and invoice process for apprenticeships
- Provide day to day query management to apprentices, line managers and other stakeholders involved in the delivery of apprenticeships; and ensuring day to day management of the apprentice mailbox to ensure effective delivery of service
- Co-ordinate all apprentice End Point Assessment Activity and logistics with the training provider to ensure timely and successful completion
- Act as the Data protection lead for the Future Careers Team
What are we looking for?
As the right candidate for the role of Future Careers Programme Specialist , you will be pro-active with strong organisational and time management skills and will have some of the following:
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Uses own initiative to make own decisions however can recognise when to seek council
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally at all levels
- Able to use Outlook, Excel, and Powerpoint confidently
- A flexible approach and ability to deal with change and ambiguity at times
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – able to engage multiple audiences
- Proactive with a can do attitude and plenty of initiative, as well as a willingness to learn and get involved.
Other great information
We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology so they can do more, be more and have more fun. Join and you’ll be part of the Virgin Media family. You can trust us to do the right thing by you.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!