Finance Manager - Management Accounts
Bradford -Mayfair Business Park Broad Lane -C1610
Role: Finance Manager - Management Accounts
Salary: £38,000 to £45,000 + Amazing Benefits
Please note this is a talent pool vacancy – we are interested in hearing from experienced and qualified Accountants either from Practice or Industry, looking to move into a forward-thinking and fast-paced organisation and wish to register their interest for potential upcoming opportunities within our Management Accounts Finance Team here in Bradford at Finance Manager level.
What does a Finance Manager do at Virgin Media?
Finance is responsible for the development and implementation of overall financial strategy from day to day controls, accounting policies and procedures to managing relationships with the financial community. Management Accounts deliver accurate internal reporting and analysis to internal and external stakeholders in Group Financial Control, Group Financial Planning and Analysis, Commercial Finance, external Auditors and the wider Accounting Services team, to support timely decision making and ensure the accuracy of external reporting.
The duties are wide ranging, but ultimately involves;
- Providing accurate monthly and quarterly results to agreed group timescales and in line with agreed group accounting policy
- Improving internal efficiencies through process improvement and collaboration with internal and external teams
- Flexing resource and outputs to meet the changing needs of our customers
- Taking ownership of Capex for the wider business providing insightful commentary and reporting to help the business understand its numbers as well as ensuring controls are sufficiently robust to ensure numbers have integrity
- Consolidation of commentary for the customer division
- Submission of a number of statutory and regulatory submissions
- Leading month end close call with commercial finance team
- Ad-hoc reporting and projects, when required.
Where does this job sit within Virgin Media?
This role is part of our Corporate Support Division, which includes the following centres of excellence: Corporate Affairs, Finance, Group Risk, Legal, People, Property and Facilities, and Virgin Media Shared Services. We are relationship focussed people and our aim is to partner with the business to drive, promote and embrace important and impactful organisational growth.
What’s in it for you?
Everyone in our Finance team has a proactive approach to work, with a keen eye for detail and the ability to deliver to deadlines. If you join us as a Finance Manager we would want you to have:
- A professional accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent)
- Ideally 1 to 3 years post-qualified experience within Management Accounting and/or Audit
- The ability to communicate with senior stakeholders across the business, to understand their needs and requirements in order to provide excellent customer service
- Experience of working collaboratively, across internal and external teams in multiple locations, to deliver improvements and best practice
- The drive to be self-motivated, well organised and resilient – ideally with experience of working under pressure in a fast-paced environment!
In return, Virgin Media offers you the opportunity for training and development to help you lead and develop your career in the direction you want to. You will receive structured reviews with a focus on what you are looking to achieve.
Other great information
We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology so they can do more, be more and have more fun. Join and you’ll be part of the Virgin Media family. You can trust us to do the right thing by you.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!