Senior Charity Partnership Manager - Scope
Hammersmith -Griffin House Hammersmith Road -C1770
Important: This is a fantastic opportunity working for our Charity Partner Scope.
Title: Senior Account ManagerReports to: Partnership Director at ScopeDirectorate: Marketing, Fundraising and CommunicationsLocation: Split between East London and at our Virgin Media office in Hammersmith
Salary: £40,000 – 45,000 (plus Scope benefits)
Type of role: 12 month fixed term contract (maternity cover) or until Feb 2020Role purpose
To lead and account manage Scope’s largest corporate partnership with Virgin Media, with the objective of delivering a game changing partnership tackling the barriers disabled people face in the workplace. This will include managing a range of strategic projects and programmes within Scope, managing a budget and monitoring risk, negotiating with senior internal and external stakeholders and with the support of an Account Manager, driving exceptional employee engagement to inspire and motivate staff to fundraise and volunteer.
The partnership value is £2.5M over 3.5 years with an expenditure budget of approx. £10K per annum for employee engagementManagement responsibility
1 line management (Account Manager)Key contactsInternal contacts
- This role is part of the Corporate Partnerships team, made up of 9 staff
- Scope Marketing, Fundraising and Communications department – Corporate Partnerships team, Events team, Marketing team and Communications team (Film and Stories)
- Chief Executive and Executive Leadership Team members
- Key Scope teams that make up partnership work streams– Policy and Public Affairs, Employment Services and Digital Engagement
- Wider Scope teams to support partnership e.g. Retail and Volunteering
- Senior stakeholders within Virgin Media including Head of Sustainability, Digital for Good Manager, Internal Communications, Events Chief Corporate Affairs Officer and Steering Committee members
- General employees within corporate partner
- Corporate partner third party agencies – creative and digital agencies
- Suppliers such as distribution supplier, fundraising material suppliers
- Affiliate charities in Northern Ireland and Scotland
- To act as the dedicated Senior Account Manager to Scope’s largest corporate partner, Virgin Media, ensuring outstanding relationship management with a continued focus on growth and development of the partnership. The initial value is £2.35M but there is potential to grow this through exceptional employee engagement and by identifying upsell opportunities – both income and pro bono - across the business
- Work closely with key teams across Scope to deliver against the agreed key KPIs of the partnership to achieve the overall partnership goal. As part of this, you will become an expert on each work stream in order to ensure cohesive management of content, briefing key stakeholders appropriately and identifying opportunities for the partnership as well as risks (to KPIs as well as reputational)
- Engage and utilise Scope’s Senior Management Teams, Chief Executive, Executive Leadership Team and Board of Trustees to effectively develop and account manage the partnership including managing and coordinating the agree governance structure.
- Build strong relationships and negotiate with senior stakeholders, key contacts and strategic leaders within the corporate partner to gain their long-term support for the partnership
- Create detailed project plans to manage the core partnership programmes
- Create detailed short, medium and long-term account plans, mapping key milestones for the partnership covering external communications and marketing activity, employee fundraising activities, partnership events and other key activities. These are to be updated and circulated on a regular basis.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of Scope’s key fundraising products and engagement concepts to engage the partner’s employees, tapping into new Scope events to reach new audiences
- Implement effective and efficient systems, processes and working groups to professionally manage the partnership to an exceptional standard
- Provide detailed reports on all workstreams on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis as well as ad hoc reporting requests on all aspect of the partnership
- With the support of the Account Manager, develop and implement an effective employee engagement strategy and gain the support of the partner to introduce new campaigns, volunteering opportunities and events to maximise the income potential and pro-bono support for Scope
- Line manage the Account Manager focusing on retaining and developing the line report and ensuring they deliver an exceptional employee engagement experience
- Ensure records are effectively kept on Raiser’s Edge
- These duties may be added to or deleted from and may be subject to change.
We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options.Consideration will also be given to applications made for part-time or flexible working hours.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology so they can do more, be more and have more fun. Join and you’ll be part of the Virgin Media family. You can trust us to do the right thing by you.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!