Technology Strategy Analyst
Hammersmith -Griffin House Hammersmith Road -C1770
Architecture and Strategy
Salary: Up to £65,000 as well as 15% bonus, 25 days holiday, private healthcare and much more!
Function:Architecture and Strategy
Position: Technology Strategy Analyst
Salary: £55,000 - £65,000
Location: Hammersmith, London
Here at Virgin Media, we have an exciting opportunity for a Technology Strategy Analyst where you will be answering some of the most complex technical and economic questions that face Virgin Media and its parent group, Liberty Global, enabling the organisation to compete and grow in a complex and exciting market. This role will suit someone that has gained excellent consultancy skills in a large firm and is looking to bring their experience to industry.
As a Technology Strategy Analyst you will join our high performing Strategy team that operates at the heart of Liberty Global. This key function provides rigorous, structured, well-articulated analysis to senior stakeholders in Technology, Finance, Product and Mergers& Acquisitions regarding Liberty Global’s Entertainment, Connectivity and B2B platforms, as well as working cross functionally across our IT and Network groups throughout Europe.
This role will offer you significant exposure across the organisation, as you will become part of a virtual team answering some of the most complex technical and economic questions that faces Liberty Global, this will give you the opportunity to deliver to senior stakeholders, including our CTO and country Managing Directors.
What will you be doing day-today?
- Drive major assessments projects determining technology strategy for Liberty Entertainment, Connectivity and B2B platforms.
- On-going analysis of the end-to-end unit cost economics and TCO for these services and becoming a subject matter expert during the lifecycle of a project regarding its underlying unit economics. This will require day to day engagement with Procurement, technical Architecture and Finance stakeholders.
- Providing teams within Technology and the wider Liberty Technology & Innovations group with insight into likely demands placed on platforms and networks to enable platform and technology deployment to be right-sized to accommodate likely demand
- Support Technology teams in technology specific or T&I wide strategy analysis by providing a techno-economic modelling capability and managing individual business cases as needed
- Execution and presentation of Technology Strategy analysis, with projects including technology choices, planning, and innovations support.
- Provide capacity models and guidance for new B2B & B2C products & services into Technology & Innovation teams leveraging and analysis and working with E2E architects
- Own and manage the framework and models that enable Technology to determine individual platform costs, as –is & growth-related modelling to provide insight & drive technology strategies
- Provide an analytics and modelling capability across the Technology teams to support strategy analysis work and large data set manipulation, carry out cross-domain modelling to assist in business case formation and technology assessment across T&I
- You will be encouraged and supported in your use of tools such as R, Python and Matlab for modelling of large datasets and application of machine learning and neural network techniques.
Are you right for the role?
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in mathematics, engineering, statistics or economics or able to demonstrate equivalent experience in the industry.
- Significant experience gained working in a consultancy firm and highly adaptable
- Experience of techno-economic/ financial modelling and have worked in a highly numerate and analytical environment
- Exposure and well-rounded experience of working and supporting projects throughout the project lifecycle.
- Strong relationship building skills with the ability to acquire insights/inputs from stakeholders across a diverse range of departments
- Ability to describe and explain complex models, concepts & themes to stakeholders in a simple and engaging manner
- Ability to perform complex data analysis with a proven track record in problem-solving
- Comfortable working across countries and cultures as part of virtual teams, using collaboration tools / digital platforms etc.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills critical, you are confident communicating via PowerPoint to senior audiences
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to learn scripting and code
Nice to have experience/skills:
- Experience in a Telecoms or networking environment with a broad overall understanding of the technologies and platforms (some or all of OTT Video, TV, VoD, Voice, Broadband, WiFi)
- High aptitude for manipulating and processing large datasets, using Databases/Code/ETL tools, and has at least experimented with machine learning and neural network platforms
- R, Python, SQL and C+ development experience desirable
- Experience of rapidly acquiring detailed knowledge regarding new products and detailed technical architectures
- Advanced Excel and Powerpoint skills critical. Must be very happy communicating via Powerpoint.
- Good data visualization skills, including the development of clear, well-formatted excel based models
What are we offering?
Not only the chance to work in a Pan-European Strategy Function on some of the latest technology that is always evolving but also a package consisting of:
Salary upto £65,000 (depending on experience)
Bonus of up to 15%
25 days annual leave (and your birthday off as extra!)
Contributory matched Pension of up to 20%
Private Healthcare, Life Assurance plus a load more.
We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!