Solution Architect (BNS)
Bellshill -Dove Wynd Strathclyde Business Park -C0620
This is an exciting time to join Virgin Media Business as a Solution Architect to work with leading edge technology and deliver bespoke solutions directly to our customers. Bringing technical expertise’s of networks across the business through awesome designs and truly adding value to customer opportunities.
• A key interface between Virgin Media Business and the rest of the Virgin Media organisation, leading the technical solution, documenting and agreeing customer designs and process considerations, collating costs and assessing the technical and operational risk on a per project basis.
• All normal things associated with Solution Architect, communication skills, responding to complex tenders, commercial understanding, experience of being in an customer facing role, awareness of emerging technology and understanding of all products and services offered by Virgin Media Businesses to ensure tight integration of solutions, and identification of additional opportunities.
• Flexibility to handle extensive UK travel and overnight stays.
But what we are really looking for is:
• An explorer of new things and to change way we interact with our customers!
• Someone that Is excited and comfortable with new technology- peeling back layers of new marketing technology and working out what is great a new product for Virgin Media to make informed decisions for our customers.
• A Customer facing consultant who can work on sales opportunities. Scoping out opportunities before and ensuring they are validated of and stay attached to product through to delivery.
• Be a customer champion- Delivering a good user experience and seeing our products through our customer eyes. With a holistic view of what makes a good solution- having customer empathy with their skill level and technology understanding.
• Product developer- looking at emerging tech- for example SDN, Cloud, IOT, AWS and Azure. Therefore having Togaf experience would really help.
• Cisco/HP experience would be advantageous!
“We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options.
Consideration will also be given to applications made for part-time or flexible working hours.”
Join and you’ll be part of the Virgin Media family. We’re a great place to work – and we offer impressive benefits too! You will get a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension, and of course discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands! Come and be part of something special. Join us!
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!