Our growing ultrafast fibre network is powering the UK and Ireland’s digital future. But it’s people who really add the magic to our cables. And this is precisely why our Human Resource function is called ‘People’! They’re the beating heart of our organisation, so, from attracting, training and paying them, to developing our high-level managers so they’ve got the skills and knowledge they need - you'll learn about it all on the People graduate scheme.
This three-year programme is a fantastic opportunity to fast track your People career. Your time on the scheme will see you rotate across different areas such as Talent, Reward, Data Insight and Early Careers. And, if you’re lucky, you might get the chance to spend some time working with our parent company, Liberty Global, in Amsterdam! You’ll also get the opportunity to business partner across different departments and divisions too, to build your stakeholder relationship management skills.
You’ll be gathering all the skills you need to become an excellent HR generalist or Business Partner, or a specialist in a particular area of the People function – maybe even working your way up to People Director. On top of all that, we’ll fund your study towards a CIPD qualification, to compliment the skills you’ll be gaining on the job.
To help you kick-start your graduate experience, you’ll be introduced to the business through your induction. You’ll gain an in-depth understanding of our company, our culture and how we work, as well as getting the opportunity to meet the people you’ll need to know to help you start building your own network. You’ll benefit from a whole host of dedicated support throughout your time on the graduate scheme to ensure you’re maximising your potential.
Salary: £29K + £2K welcome bonus + amazing benefits
Locations: Hook (must be flexible about location, and willing to travel)
What we want from you:
- You must be working towards/have obtained a 2.1 degree or above in a relevant subject (i.e. Business & HR, Psychology, HRM), and/or have undertaken a 6+ month placement within a HR dept.
- You’ll need to be confident, resilient and comfortable using your excellent communication skills to resolve conflict.
- You’ll need to be adaptable – things change rapidly at Virgin Media so you’ll need to able to take that in your stride – as well as being flexible and open minded about your roles and locations.
- Great analytical skills - data is key to helping us shape the future of our People strategies, so you’ll share our passion for interpreting it and providing insight.
(The closing date for applications is 31st December)
Still want to know more?
- Meet Niamh, one of our People graduates
- Check out our early careers blog
- Learn more about training and support here at Virgin Media
- Get social: @VirginMediaJobs #VMEarlyCareers, or check us out on Instagram: @VMEarlyCareers
- Find out if we're visiting your uni this year: Events