Joining the Finance team at Virgin Media means joining a team which is at the centre of everything we do. Throughout your three years on the Graduate scheme, and the many years we’re sure you’ll spend with us following the scheme, you’ll be involved in driving forward initiatives that are essential to the future of Virgin Media and our parent company Liberty Global.
Let’s talk about what you’ll be doing…
Over time at Virgin Media you will become an expert in the telecommunications industry, gaining priceless insight into one of the fastest moving, and important industries around today.
You’ll begin by learning how to establish business relationships before turning this expertise towards roles across our wide range of finance areas such as Strategy, Treasury, Procurement, Accounting Services, Commercial Finance, and Commercial Operations.
Making your way across the organisation, you’ll experience working in different locations around the country depending on your placement. And, for those who excel on the scheme, there may be opportunities to explore roles outside of the UK.
“Joining Virgin Media was one of the best decisions I ever made. It’s is an incredible company to work for and the finance scheme is where the action is at; high profile projects, exposure to senior leadership, and a great group of grads to go through it together with” Olivia, previous Finance graduate
How are you going to get there?
We’re looking for individuals not specific degrees, a projected 2.1 or higher in any discipline combined with an inquisitive mind that can’t resist exploring new opportunities and the resilience to meet challenges head on.
We operate in an energetically-paced digital marketplace, so our graduates need to be able to move with the times and to different locations that our placements may take you.
So, what can we do for you?
At Virgin Media, we’ll fully fund and support you to achieve your CIMA qualification with generous study leave and pay progression that is both far above the industry standards. Together with all the technical, organisational and relationship-building skills you’ve acquired, you’ll be able to calculate your way towards a future leadership career.
Over half of FTSE 100 CEOs come from a finance background, that’s something to consider when you’re planning your future career
You’ll need to climb a relatively steep learning curve, but we’ll provide you with a mentor to guide you in the right direction – whether that’s towards managing a finance team, or delving into a completely different area of business.
Duration: 3 years
Salary: £30K + £2K welcome bonus + amazing benefits
Locations: Reading, Hammersmith, Bradford (and the option to apply for an international placement)
What we want from you:
- 2.1 or above in any discipline (achieved or expecting) – we’re looking for individuals not specific degrees.
- Excellent commercial and business awareness.
- An open, inquisitive mind – you’ll love exploring new opportunities
- An ability to step up and be resilient in the face of new challenges
We are now closed for applications for our 2019 Finance Graduate Scheme. Details for our 2020 graduate scheme will be posted shortly.
Still want to know more?
- Meet some of our current Finance graduates, Laura, Emma and Josh!
- Where are they now? Meet Lee, a post-programme Finance Graduate
- Five minutes with Rosemary – she tells us about her experience on the Finance graduate scheme
- Get social: @VirginMediaJobs #VMFutureCareers, or check us out on Instagram: @VMFutureCareers
- Meet some of our current graduates
- Check out our future careers blog
- Learn more about training and support here at Virgin Media