Here at Virgin Media, our Finance team doesn’t just look after the money. We also provide critical information and analysis to help the business make smart strategic and operational decisions.
On our scheme, you’ll develop into a highly skilled and well-rounded finance professional through in-depth, hands-on experience in different aspects of Finance. It all happens over three years, across three placements. And it starts with learning how to develop business relationships. Then you’ll take what you’ve learned and make it work in roles across our wide range of Finance areas such as Accounting Services, Commercial Finance, Treasury, Procurement, Strategy and Commercial Operations.
Making your way across the organisation, you’ll be working in various locations around the country depending on your placement. And for those who excel on the scheme, there may be opportunities to enjoy roles outside the UK. You’ll face a pretty steep learning curve, but that won’t phase you, because you share our sense of adventure. And you’ll have a mentor to point you in the right direction – whether that’s towards managing a finance team, or exploring a completely different area of the business.
What’s more, we’ll fully fund and support you to achieve your CIMA qualification with generous study leave and pay progression that are both way above industry norms. And, together with all the technical, organisational and relationship-building skills you’ve gained, you’ll be well on your way towards a leadership career.
Duration: 3 years
Salary: £29K + £2K welcome bonus + amazing benefits
Locations: Hook, Hammersmith, Bradford + the option to apply for an international placement
What we want from you:
- 2.1 or above in any discipline (achieved or expecting) - we’re looking for individuals not specific degrees.
- Excellent commercial and business awareness.
- An open, inquisitive mind - you'll love exploring new opportunities
- An ability to step up and be resilient in the face of new challenges
Applications for our 2018 Finance graduate scheme are now closed.
Still want to know more?
- Meet some of our current Finance graduates, Laura, Emma and Josh!
- Where are they now? Meet Lee, a post-programme Finance Graduate
- Five minutes with Rosemary - she tells us about her experience on the Finance graduate scheme
- Get social: @VirginMediaJobs #VMEarlyCareers, or check us out on Instagram: @VMEarlyCareers
- Meet some of our current graduates
- Check out our early careers blog
- Learn more about training and support here at Virgin Media
- Find out if we're visiting your uni this year: Events