Trainee Sales ExecutiveNewton Abbot
Time TypeFull time
Benefitsan OTE of £38,530 and an opportunity to earn uncapped commission
Area of BusinessField Sales, Sales
LocationNewton Abbot - Minerva Way
Job ID 00025433
About the role
About the role:
A UK Manual driving license is required for this role.
Making commission just became even easier. We now combine new and existing customer sales with small business selling, giving you the best opportunity to earn uncapped commission.
- Sell ‘door to door’ (D2D) to new residential customers
- Save existing residential customers
- Sell to new small business (home office) customers
The on-target commission is £20k per year in this role. However, great Field Sales Representatives can expect to earn anything between £50k-£70k in commission per year (…we’re serious!).
No D2D Sales experience? No problem. We want sales-minded people with a great work ethic, to join our fun, sociable team. That’s right, you may be field based, but you’ll still feel part of the team with our inclusive culture.
Tell me more, tell me more…
The Virgin Media offering is expanding UK-wide to millions of potential new customers, giving them a chance to use our new, faster broadband in their area at an affordable price.
The main aspect of your role will be door-to-door sales. The other part is contacting existing customers, handling their objections and putting them on new packages that meet their needs.
Listening to our customers, understanding their concerns, outlining solutions and showing the benefits of new/improved packages will help you excel within this role. It’s important to understand the brand, products and service inside-out to keep our Virgin Media customers happy.
Every day is different. Take on a variety of barriers and assist our customers with a problem-solving mindset to make sure that they are satisfied. You’ll learn all of this in a supported environment, from your knowledgeable and friendly team, through on and off the job training.
You’ll be working 37.5 hours per week typically between 12pm – 8pm, and your manager will work with you to optimise your shift patterns to maximise your opportunities.
Your first couple of weeks will be spent in a training environment to help you get up to speed on everything we offer, as well as providing you with tips and recommendations for matching potential customers to the right service or product.
The training will be predominantly virtual from 9-5pm with a mix of self-led learning and an in-office induction with your manager.
For the duration of your induction, you will get a one-off guaranteed commission payment. To receive the payment, you must attend all necessary days, which will be based on a prorated monthly on target commission payment for the previous 12 days.
The must haves:
A UK Manual driving license with no more than 8 points.
The other stuff we're looking for:
- Through great conversations, you’ll be able to overcome objections from customers and influence them round to your way of thinking.
- You’ll love to win and enjoy the reward that comes with great success.
- Wants to be part of a fast paced, energetic, and exciting organisation.
What's in it for you?
As well as the benefits, we also offer a wide range of support, rewards, and tools - all focused on helping you to prioritise what really matters.
If you are successful with your application, you will receive:
- A basic salary of £18,530 plus uncapped commission, (great advisors can earn £50 -£70k per year!)
- 25 days annual leave, UK bank holidays and your birthday off, to treat yourself
- Company Car.
- An excellent pension scheme, matching up to 10%
- Access to wellbeing benefits such as the Unmind App, BUPA medical cover (which you can opt to upgrade to cover loved ones) and critical illness cover
- The option to buy and sell up to 5 days leave, to suit your personal needs
- A Healthcare Plan & Life assurance
- A host of Family Friendly policies
- Policies inclusive of any family situation (neonatal leave, 14-week paternity leave and carers leave)
Want to learn more about our benefits? You can check them out here.
If you think you've got some amazing skills to offer us and Virgin Media feels like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you. Once you've submitted an application the next steps of the process, if successful will be a call from one of our recruiters to talk through the role in more detail and take you through a competency-based telephone interview.
When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you.
Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media family.