Trading Insights ManagerLondon
Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessCommercial Management
LocationHammersmith - Griffin House Hammersmith Road
Job ID 00028405
About the role
As the Trading Insights Manager you will report to the Senior Manager, your focus will be using data and analysis to help the Acquisition team inform and maximise trading performance across Cable and Fixed Mobile Conversion (FMC). Working collaboratively with the team, you will provide the data and analysis needed to drive improvements in commercial performance in support of net gain and incoming revenue from planning into trading.
You will be the Commercial Acquisition team’s key interface with the Finance department, and your financial acumen will enable you to work with our Finance Business Partner to develop insightful weekly and monthly trading reporting. You will get involved in the month end process which will include feeding back to the Acquisition Director on our month end financials, as well as being the custodian of the quarterly unit economics for the team.
Who we are
At Virgin Media O2 we're going All In, to remove bias and barriers for our people and our candidates. We're working hard to achieve bold ambitions, to help us better represent the diverse communities we serve across the UK. As an equal opportunities employer, we support and encourage you, to be your authentic self throughout your application journey.
The must haves
In order to be considered, you must have the following experience;
- Highly numerate with ability to take large datasets and distil into useful insight which guide sales channel operational or commercial change
- Strong T-SQL, R, Python, Aginity or experience in equivalent relational data technologies and in the future Google Cloud datasets
- Prior cable, telecoms, Pay TV or mobile experience is an advantage, or at the very least a strong awareness of the industry and the key issues that affect our business
- Ability to use visual studio (desirable)
- A pro-active nature to identify problems and propose solutions
The other stuff we're looking for
We'd also love you to bring;
- Strong organisation and prioritisation skills, ability to manage several projects at once
- Strong knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Someone who is results orientated
- Experience of working lineside Heads of Department and Directors
- Comfortable taking responsibility and ownership
What's in it for you?
We know that benefits mean so much more than the 'stuff' we can give you, so we offer a wide range of support, rewards and tools - all focused on helping you to prioritise what really matters.
All work and no play just isn't our style! We're already planning our future ways of working, for when life becomes a little more normal again. We're constantly evolving our approach to enable you to find a great work life balance.
If we feel like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you. Once you've submitted an application the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include a two stage competency based interview including a technical task.
When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you. Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media O2 family.