Technology Strategy ConsultantReading
Time TypeFull time
Salary£70,000 - £75,000
Area of BusinessStrategy & Planning, Planning & Engineering
LocationReading - Green Park, Brook Drive
Job ID 00019802
About the role
As a Technology Strategy Consultant, you will be part of the planning and engineering department at Virgin Media who are responsible for the technology that sits behind our brilliant high-speed network. In this role it is your job to answer some of the challenges that are facing our industry in the Telecoms Network space and be part of building a strategy which improves our customer’s experience. To do this you will gain exposure to different areas across the business including: Industry Partners, Engineering and Reporting teams.
So that's what you'll get up to, but what about us?
Well, we're super proud of our history, helping communities to stay connected with oodles of top-notch products and services. We offer the full works – broadband, TV, mobile and landline – equipping our customers out with the very latest tech.
But it's not just what we do, but why we do it that really matters.
Our mission is to become the most recommended brand, by our people and our customers. A massive part of that journey is about how we ensure that our forward-thinking people have a working environment in which they can truly belong and thrive. For us, be essential that every single person can bring, and be, their whole selves at work, and we're working hard every day to achieve this.
Tell me more, tell me more…
As a valued member of the strategy team, you'll form and lead virtual teams answering technical & economic questions, including things like: operating model definition and budget challenges, prioritisation & optimisation, options analysis to guide senior management decisions (Technical and Operational), high impact assessment and analysis for senior partners.
The must haves:
- We would love you to bring telecoms experience acquired ideally in a Technology consultancy or a strategy & architecture unit within a telecommunications/cable operator
- To bring a consistent record of developing and testing hypotheses in order to deliver recommendations
- Expert knowledge of constructing and evaluating business cases
- The ability to develop and group plausible options for the delivery of product development and technology change proposals into reasonable scenarios
- Experience of completing sensitivity analysis of critical business case assumptions
What's in it for you?
We know that benefits mean so much more than the 'stuff' we can give you, so we offer a wide range of support, rewards and tools - all focused on helping you to prioritise what really matters.
All work and no play just isn't our style! We're already planning our future ways of working, for when life becomes a little more normal again. We're constantly evolving our approach to enable you to find a great work life balance.
If you go on to be successful in your application, some of the many benefits include:
- 25 days' annual leave, plus UK bank holidays.
- A defined contribution pension scheme, run by Fidelity, matched up to 10%.
- An annual bonus of up to 15%, based on company performance
- Access to wellbeing benefits such as the Unmind App, personal medical cover (which you can opt to upgrade to cover loved ones) and critical illness cover.
- Your birthday off every year, to treat yourself.
- The option to buy and sell up to 5 days leave, to suit your personal needs.
If you think you've got some amazing skills to offer us, and Virgin Media feels like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you. Once you've submitted an application the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include a screening call from the recruiter, if all goes well here then a 30-minute telephone call with the Hiring Manager followed by a competency 2nd stage if successful on the first round
When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you.
Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media family.