Technical SEO ManagerLondon
Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessData Insight & Analytics, Digital Services, Customer Experience
LocationHammersmith - Griffin House Hammersmith Road
Job ID 00021310
About the role
Virgin Media is one of the largest broadband, TV, mobile and home phone providers in the country. We pride ourselves on being brighter, bolder, smarter and faster than our competition, so when we say we’re obsessive about helping our customers make connections that really matter – we really mean it.
The Virgin Media Digital Team brims with passionate creatives with a flair for innovative disruption. We’ve created inclusive, diverse environments perfect for ambitious minds to drive our digital transformation forward.
So, what’s it like working for one of the most vibrant brands in the UK? Why not come and join us as a Technical SEO Manager in either our London, Hammersmith or Birmingham office.
Working as part of the traffic acquisition team, the Technical SEO manager will help deliver the technical onsite and offsite program for Virgin Media. Reporting into the Senior SEO manager, this role will require an in-depth understanding of Technical SEO to the highest level.
You will also be responsible for ensuring that all optimisation changes are delivered through each work stream. Strong project management skills is a must and be adept at juggling a large number of tasks at once. The Technical SEO Manager will be a major part of delivering the owned and earned media strategy to maximise traffic and revenue growth.
You will work closely with the internal stakeholders, our central SEO team and the Outreach team in order to deliver the technical SEO roadmap and strategy. You will lead in the planning, co-ordinating, executing, testing and measuring the technical performance of the Virgin Media website for Cable and Mobile.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Defining and overseeing the delivery and implementation of technical, on-page and optimisations
• Identify key issues affecting SEO performance and actions required to turn around declining SEO performance
• Devising the SEO technical roadmap across Cable and Mobile
• Feeding into the SEO objectives such as visibility, traffic and forecast
• Regularly monitor, track and record site performance
• Feeding back to the central SEO Team and wider stakeholders on the technical performance of the site on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
• Investigating and identifying new technical optimisation opportunities
• Managing wider stakeholder relationships and ensuring project timelines and deliverables are met
• Provide SEO recommendations and ensure best practices are being adhered to
• Put SEO delivery process in place as part of every project and optimisation strategy
• Test and review the staging environment for any new pages or release cycles ensuring no impact to SEO and recommendation have been implemented correctly
• Stay up to date with the latest search engine algorithm changes and SEO industry trends and regularly inform and educate the business on the importance of SEO
• Excellent analytical, organizational, project management and time management skills
• High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation
• Strong communication skills
• Strong stakeholder management
• Good technical understanding
• Outstanding ability to think creatively, strategically and identify and resolve problems
• Attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline driven atmosphere
• Solid understanding of performance marketing, conversion, and online customer acquisition
• 2-4 years’ experience in SEO with strong understanding of Search Engines and best practices
• Experience working with SEO tools such as, Botify, GA, GSC, SEO Monitor, Content Harmony and Majestic
• Experience working with CMS and building/administering content in multiple CMS environments
• Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS and website administration
• High-level proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
Salary: 35-40k + excellent benefits which include:
Pension - Up to 20% (matched up to 10% employee, 10% employer)
Holiday - 25 days (plus your birthday and bank holidays on top!)
Private Medical, Life Assurance, Dental and the ability to buy/sell holiday, opt in to our Share Save and many more salary sacrifice schemes