Technical SEO AnalystLondon
Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessData Insight & Analytics, Digital Services, Customer Experience, Sales
LocationHammersmith - Griffin House Hammersmith Road
Job ID 00024453
About the role
As a Technical SEO Analyst, you’ll be working as part of the traffic acquisition team and reporting to the Technical SEO manager. You’ll be a major part of the owned and earned media team helping deliver the overall SEO strategy for Virgin media. You’ll work across all sections of the site.
The ideal candidate should have proven technical SEO analyst experience and have a well-rounded knowledge of all pillars of SEO. They should be confident in carrying out technical tasks and be able to convey complex technical issues with stakeholders.
So that's what you'll get up to, but what about us?
Well, we're super proud of our history, helping communities to stay connected with oodles of top-notch products and services. We offer the full works – broadband, TV, mobile and landline – equipping our customers out with the very latest tech.
But it's not just what we do, but why we do it that really matters.
Our mission is to become the most recommended brand, by our people and our customers. A massive part of that journey is about how we ensure that our brilliant people have a working environment in which they can truly belong and thrive. For us, it's critical that every single person can bring, and be, their whole selves at work, and we're working hard every day to achieve this.
• Support the Technical SEO manager in delivering the overall roadmap, through monitoring and execution of technical recommendations
• Undertake regular site crawls and technical audits to identify areas for on-site improvements
• Implement technical optimisations through product teams and the CMS
• Produce regular and ad-hoc reports on key landing pages across the virgin domain
• Carry out technical competitor analysis to gain insight on performance and opportunities
• Support product teams by advising on technical SEO issues during MVP phases, product tests and launches
• Regularly report on overall technical KPIs alongside strategic recommendations and insights
• Analyse and monitor site performance from both crawls and log files.
• Work alongside internal teams to ensure technical SEO is part of the natural change process and importance understood.
• Keep up to date with technical best practice, Google algorithms and the latest Google quality guidelines and feed this into the owned and earned team
Skills and Experience
• You are a person that has strong technical SEO analyst experience and a drive to grow into a technical expert
• Experence working in an SEO team and understand why technical SEO needs to be at the heart of a website
• You excel in identifying technical bugs and new opportunities both sitewide or across specific landing pages.
• You are highly analytical, using consumer, site and search data to drive growth.
• You should have an excellent knowledge of HTML and on-site web development, with the ability to understand the key changes required to improve site performance and manage this with on-site teams
• You are comfortable and keen to share the latest SEO best practices with team members and stakeholders.
• You can demonstrate a good understanding of SEO tools like Botify, Screaming frog, SEOMonitor, Google Search Console, SEMRush and Ahrefs.
• You understand the importance of log file analysis, crawl budgets and indexability issues and can understand how Googlebot is behaving across websites.
• You understand the importance of user behaviour and content on landing pages and can understand how Googlebot views these elements
• You have experience in web analytic platforms like Google analytics & Adobe analytics
What's in it for you?
We know that benefits mean so much more than the 'stuff' we can give you, so we offer a wide range of support, rewards and tools - all focused on helping you to prioritise what really matters.
All work and no play just isn't our style! We're already planning our future ways of working, for when life becomes a little more normal again. We're constantly evolving our approach to enable you to find a great work life balance.
Salary: 28-35k + many benefits include:
• 25 days' annual leave, plus UK bank holidays.
• A defined contribution pension scheme, run by Fidelity, matched up to 10%.
• Access to wellbeing benefits such as the Unmind App, personal medical cover (which you can opt to upgrade to cover loved ones) and critical illness cover.
• Your birthday off every year, to treat yourself.
• The option to buy and sell up to 5 days leave, to suit your personal needs.
If you think you've got some amazing skills to offer us, and Virgin Media feels like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you. Once you've submitted an application the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include a competency based interview.
When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you.
Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media family.