Technical Consultant - BillingReading
Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessIT
LocationReading - Green Park, Brook Drive
Job ID 00034327
About the role
We've got an excellent opportunity for a Technical Consultant to join our B2B IT Engineering division within CIO. We're going through some positive transformation including that of our billing platform, moving across from our current tech stack to Netcracker NRM. As the SME for this platform, you'll work with the business and vendors providing thought leadership and defining strategic direction from a technical perspective.
As well as being involved in our transformation journey, this is also a phenomenal chance to grow your knowledge by working on the newest and most widely used tech stack within the billing domain! You'll also get development opportunities and the path to career progression.
With most of the team based out of our Reading office, it would be great for the new incumbent to attend the office 1-3 times per week, however if you have any queries regarding the location, please reach out.
Who we are
At Virgin Media O2 we're going All In, to remove bias and barriers for our people and our candidates. We're working hard to achieve bold ambitions, to help us better represent the diverse communities we serve across the UK. As an equal opportunities employer, we support and encourage you, to be your authentic self throughout your application journey.
The must haves
In order to be considered, you must have the following experience;
- A solid background in Telecoms, Cable, Mobile or Fixed industries within the B2B segment and/or billing domain.
- Extensive working experience with Tier One Telco billing solutions. Preferably Netcracker NRM and associated components. However experience in other solutions will be considered.
- Established background in the design and delivery of billing solutions in the B2B domain.
- Experience in delivering complex technology transformation programmes using SDLC methods such as Waterfall, SAFe/Agile, XP etc.
- Proven ability to work in and lead programs and projects that support major technical platform roll out and/or migration.
The other stuff we're looking for
We'd also love you to bring;
- Knowledge of Cloud technology such as AWS.
- Previous experience with Linux and Oracle DB.
What's in it for you?
We know that benefits mean so much more than the 'stuff' we can give you, so we offer a wide range of support, rewards and tools - all focused on helping you to prioritise what really matters.
All work and no play just isn't our style! We're already planning our future ways of working, for when life becomes a little more normal again. We're constantly evolving our approach to enable you to find a great work life balance.
If we feel like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you. Once you've submitted an application the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include a competency based interview and completion of a Saville Wave assessment.
When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you. Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media O2 family.