Technical Business AnalystBirmingham
Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessB2B, People, IT, Operations, Delivery, Digital Entertainment, Digital Services, Customer Experience
LocationBirmingham - Eagle Court Coventry Road
Job ID 00024135
About the role
As a Technical Business Analyst, it's your job to act as a bridge between the technology and commercial teams. You’ll work independently to determine and deliver expert business analysis across a variety of exciting technical projects.
The role has high visibility with senior management as you work closely with business partners to understand strategic business objectives and support the delivery of key technical programmes.
So that's what you'll get up to, but what about us?
Well, we're super proud of our history, helping communities to stay connected with oodles of top-notch products and services. We offer the full works – broadband, TV, mobile and landline – equipping our customers out with the very latest tech.
But it's not just what we do, but why we do it that really matters.
Our mission is to become the most recommended brand, by our people and our customers. A massive part of that journey is about how we ensure that our brilliant people have a working environment in which they can truly belong and thrive. For us, it's critical that every single person can bring, and be, their whole selves at work, and we're working hard every day to achieve this.
Tell me more, tell me more…
As a key contributor within the rapidly growing Digital function, you’ll be responsible for supporting the vision and strategy of a modern Digital Workplace.
You'll also ensure that the technologies used are up to date and fit for purpose for the business. You'll have a methodical approach to problem-solving and be an advocate for change and continuous improvement across the business.
The must haves:
- Examples of where you’ve gathered, refined, and documented business and technical requirements
- Proven background in analysing, assessing and resolving complex technology requirements, problems and issues
- Demonstrable experience in running technical projects from conception to completion.
- Solid understanding of Agile or Lean principles
- Proven experience working across multiple delivery workstreams in a fast-paced, technical environment
What's in it for you?
We know that benefits mean so much more than the 'stuff' we can give you, so we offer a wide range of support, rewards and tools - all focused on helping you to prioritise what really matters.
All work and no play just isn't our style! We're already planning our future ways of working, for when life becomes a little more normal again. We're constantly evolving our approach to enable you to find a great work life balance.
If you go on to be successful in your application, some of the many benefits include:
- 25 days' annual leave, plus UK bank holidays.
- A defined contribution pension scheme, run by Fidelity, matched up to 10%.
- Access to wellbeing benefits such as the Unmind App, personal medical cover (which you can opt to upgrade to cover loved ones) and critical illness cover.
- Your birthday off every year, to treat yourself.
- The option to buy and sell up to 5 days leave, to suit your personal needs.
If you think you've got some amazing skills to offer us, and Virgin Media feels like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you.
When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you.
Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media family.