Technical Business Analyst - Data ProductsLondon
Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessIT, Data Insight & Analytics
LocationHammersmith - Griffin House Hammersmith Road
Job ID 00029495
About the role
We are looking for a lead business analyst to join the team to support our cross-functional data product teams surface value & build impactful solutions. In this role, you will be part of the Data Products function in Advanced Analytics & Data Science. You will work as part of a high-performing team with a remit to do the right thing, fail fast and learn as you go.
Who we are
The Advanced Analytics and Data Science function's purpose is to drive competitive advantage through the creation of data products. They do this by applying statistics and machine learning techniques to uncover insights which allow us to build products to support decision making and decision automation across the business.
As part of this group, the Data Product team has the remit to build high value, high impact products, always looking for opportunities for automation and value creation using data. We’re growing rapidly and there’s tons of opportunity to work on different problems. You'll work across many different data products, partnering closely with Data Product Managers.
We're on a mission to ensure that our brilliant people have a working environment in which they can truly belong and thrive. As an equal opportunities employer, it's critical that every single person can bring, and be, their whole selves at work.
The must haves:
- You’re comfortable working on here and now, as well as helping shape possible work to come next and later
- Passionate about the positive impact business analysis brings to building great data products iteratively
- Help teams navigate ambiguity and challenge their thinking, putting customers at the centre of the solutions we build
- Strong at producing solid documentation, choosing the right approach and artefacts for the work
- Worked closely with stakeholders to understand complex systems, able to simplify the hardest problems
- Comfortable context switching - you've work on on tactical pieces of work as well as strategic looking 12+ months ahead
- You've managed or coached others
Other stuff we’re looking for:
- You thrive in ambiguity, you're curious and confident in supporting the team making good decisions
- You're curious and able to digest new information quickly and support problem solving
- Understanding of the world of data would be beneficial
- Experience working in an agile setup, working with cross-functional product teams
- An innovative and creative problem solver, with the ability to apply analytical rigour and problem-solving skills
- Worked in a fast-paced environment with ability to cut through the noise and stay aware of regulatory/compliance updates