SOx IT Analyst - 12 Month FTCReading
Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessRisk Audit & Compliance, IT
LocationReading - Green Park, Brook Drive
Job ID 00021106
About the role
We’re on the lookout for a SOx IT Analyst to support the SOx Compliance team here at Virgin Media. Your principal objective is to ensure Virgin Media’s ongoing compliance to external regulatory standards - Sarbanes Oxley (SOx). You will plan, execute and manage specific reviews of IT controls (ITGCs and ITACs) and support the SOx Team in the performance of testing to demonstrate that the business is operating appropriate IT controls on a timely basis.
So that's what you'll get up to, but what about us?
Well, we're super proud of our history, helping communities to stay connected with oodles of top-notch products and services. We offer the full works – broadband, TV, mobile, and landline – equipping our customers out with the very latest tech.
But it's not just what we do, but why we do it that really matters.
Our mission is to become the most recommended brand, by our people and our customers. A massive part of that journey is about how we ensure that our brilliant people have a working environment in which they can truly belong and thrive. For us, it's critical that every single person can bring, and be, their whole selves at work, and we're working hard every day to achieve this.
Tell me more, tell me more…
This role will suit an individual who is able to perform risk assessments, challenge the effectiveness of controls design, and evaluate deficiencies. Where required, you may also support the business in identifying appropriate remediation actions to address IT-related deficiencies identified internally, or by external auditors. Apart from internal controls testing, you’ll also manage relationships with stakeholders both within the IT and Finance organisation to ensure appropriate controls are in place and operating over the IT systems.
The must haves:
- Experience in IT General and Application Controls SOx testing.
- IT audit (internal and/or external) experience.
Other stuff we're looking for:
- CISA qualified (Certified Information Systems Auditor) or equivalent.
- Experience in a telecommunications or technology-related organisation.
- Exposure to one or more of the following technologies in a review or administration capacity would be an advantage: operating systems (Unix, iSeries), Oracle ERP system, databases (Oracle, SQL), network components, firewalls.
- Exposure to one or more of the following processes in a review or execution capacity would be an advantage: change management, incident management, system/security administration, security monitoring.
What's in it for you?
We know that benefits mean so much more than the 'stuff' we can give you, so we offer a wide range of support, rewards, and tools - all crafted to help you to prioritise what really matters.
All work and no play just isn't our style! We're already planning our future ways of working, for when life becomes more normal again. We're always reviewing our approach to enable you to find a great work-life balance.
If you go on to be successful in your application, some of the many benefits include:
- 25 days' annual leave, plus UK bank holidays.
- A defined contribution pension scheme, run by Fidelity, matched up to 10%.
- Access to wellbeing and mental health benefits such as the Unmind App, personal medical cover, and critical illness cover.
- The option to buy and sell up to 5 days leave, to suit your personal needs.
If you think you've got some incredible skills to offer us, and Virgin Media feels like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you! Once you've applied the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include an initial chat with a dedicated recruiter, followed by an interview with the hiring manager.
When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you.