Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessIT
LocationBirmingham -Eagle Court Coventry Road
Job ID 00016802
About the role
What is the job?
Our front-end Digital Experience team are looking for a number Lead Angular Developers to join the function to take ownership of an Agile Accelerator Squad with a focus on Angular and/or React. The team look after all of our customer and employee facing products, from basic information documents to complex interactive pages. You will be responsible for the engineering quality, design, implementation and operation of your product. You’ll work close with a range of internal and external stakeholders including business partners, engineers, data scientists, and UX designers in order to ensure the complete development lifecycle is completed to the highest standard.
A key interface will be with Product Managers to analyse business metrics and functional requirements, and translate them in to a robust and scaleable solutions.
You will work with both legacy and cutting edge technology as we introduce this across the business, so you will need a passion for the development and current well rounded skills in data analysis, team leadership and project management.
This is an exciting opportunity to take charge and setting us off down the Angular and React track by building up the internal capability as well as working closely with third parties to build the new applications.
What will you be doing?
You will be the Subject Matter Expert for your area and therefore set the technical strategy for your team; creating architecture, and solving problems for the long term business through best practice approaches to operational excellence, rapid time-to-market delivery, and a frugal total cost of ownership.
You have a deep understanding of the business drivers that make your products and services successful and how your software contributes to that success. You will use this understanding to influence product decisions and to make delivery trade-offs that maximise customer value while at the same time you own and are hands on with the full development lifecycle of a system from insight and design through development, review, testing, integration, deployment and operations.
Ultimately you will drive the successful delivery of the team’s products across the Virgin Media organisation and external partners and ensure constant improvement of best practices, design and innovation across the multiple teams within your remit.
Are you right for the role?
To be successful in this role you will be an expert in front-end development, able to design and develop the best experience for our customers and employees and have a passion to continually learn about the latest technology.
As well as this, if the below sounds like you then we’d love to hear from you!
- Strong proficiency in at least one modern application framework or library, such as Angular, or React.
- Deep understanding of Agile and DevOps and ability to inspire teams around these delivery models.
- A track record of introducing new processes that improved software quality and/or reduced operational load.
- A deep understanding of design patterns, object oriented design, data structures and algorithms.
- Hands on expertise in disparate technologies such as cloud computing, native device development, CMS solutions, service oriented architecture, user interface development, or machine learning.
- Proven evangelism of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development lifecycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations.
- Self-directed team player with demonstrated team leadership experience.
- Experience taking a leading role in delivering multiple complex and innovative solutions to customers.
- Relentless drive to provide the best customer experience possible.
Other great information
We’ve recently launched our new Purpose & Values – something that really matters to us and will give you a real insight into how we embrace our values in all that we do
What to do now?
If this sounds like a great next step in your career then click apply to send through your profile.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!