SMB Development Sales ManagerManchester
Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessB2B, People, Sales
LocationManchester - Wythenshawe Concord Bus Pk Threapwood R
Job ID 00032260
About the role
Hiring Manager: David Williams
Join our Small and Medium Business (SMB) team as SMB Development Sales Manager, you will ensure that we are set with high performing sales talent and development into SMB by enabling talent flow into the business area. Driving and shaping the operating model to ensure we are set up for success in achieving our plans. Working closely with the Sales leadership to understand areas of development to enable high performing sales teams.
You will be central to cross-functional areas connecting processes and teams, to ensure we have a thorough understanding and capability across the SMB Sales teams of the entire VMO2 portfolio, not only deepening our sales talent skills but also identifying opportunities across both businesses as we evolve our exciting integration.
- Understanding all development requirements to ensure we have the correct resourcing, training and capability and access requirements in place to enable success, across both our existing colleagues and any new sales recruits.
- Working with all relevant parties to create a pipeline of talent within the business.
- Accountable for ensuring there is an effective selection process for hiring sales executives to meet business needs. Agree the right approach to selection including assessment and use of internal or external assessors to continually optimise and raise the bar.
- Working closely with Learning and Development and any other parties required to effectively induct, incubate, and assess new starters to ensure they have a full Sales Learning experience to be set up for success.
- Ensuring each new starter has a brilliant candidate experience, receiving regular welcome calls and sharing the right amount of information up front to excite them about their new role in Virgin Media O2 Business.
- Responsible for managing these new sales executives to deliver to key performance indicators, objectives and achieve targets, developing and nurturing them from the point of hiring through to handover into the Sales Team.
- Developing a fair method to assess performance, analyse reports and take appropriate actions, holding regular 121s to ensure individuals are fully equipped to do the role. Where an individual is unable meet the required standards, the role holder will be responsible for managing performance under achievement.
- Accountable for ensuring the team are achieving growth targets and key objectives as defined by the sales strategy. With the commercial team, ensure the commission scheme works for the individuals in this environment and that the team understand how they can contribute and perform against their targets.
The must haves:
- Evidence of leading team to identify SMB market opportunities and developing strategy, tactics, commercial plans to improve performance.
- Demonstrable sales management skills to ensure a highly motivated and engagement team.
- Proven experience excellent relationship and stakeholder management skills to maintain and develop a network of support and continual improvement and growth across the organisation. Along with effective negotiation and conflict management skills to achieve profitable outcomes.
- Evidence of self-development- Keeping own skills and knowledge up to date, especially in respect of subjects that are directly relevant to the role, e.g. product knowledge, competitors in the market place and innovative selling skills.
- Proven experience highly developed communication skills both verbal and written, ability to present to senior colleagues.
What's in it for you?
We know that benefits mean so much more than the 'stuff' we can give you, so we offer a wide range of support, rewards and tools - all focused on helping you to prioritise what really matters. All work and no play just isn't our style! We're already planning our future ways of working, for when life becomes a little more normal again. We're constantly evolving our approach to enable you to find a great work life balance.
Want to learn more about our benefits? You can check them out here.
If Virgin Media feels like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you. When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you. Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media family.