SEO Technical ExecutiveLondon
Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessData Insight & Analytics, Digital Services
LocationHammersmith - Griffin House Hammersmith Road
Job ID 00017644
About the role
Virgin Media is re-inventing how we offer our broadband, telephone, TV and mobile services. To support us in our journey, we have an exciting new opportunity for a SEO Technical Executive to join as part of our innovative digital transformation team.
Working as part of the traffic acquisition team and reporting into the SEO manager, as a SEO Technical Executive you’ll be a major part of the owned and earned media team helping deliver the overall SEO strategy for Virgin media.
This person will be highly analytical and a real self starter supporting the SEO strategy with high class technical SEO knowledge that delivers traffic and revenue growth.
Location: This role can be based either in our Hammersmith or Manchester office
● Undertake regular site crawls and technical audits to identify areas for on-site improvement.
● Implement technical optimisations through product teams and the CMS
● Share technical findings with the owned and earned team, brand and other internal departments to inform SEO and content marketing strategy
● Carry out and review log file audits and analysis
● Produce regular and ad-hoc technical reports on key landing pages across the virgin domain
● Carry out technical competitor analysis to gain insight on performance and opportunities
● Support the technical SEO roadmap and strategy that drives value at speed
● Support product teams by advising on technical SEO issues during MVP phases, product tests and launches
● Regularly report on overall technical KPIs alongside strategic recommendations and insights
● Keep up to date with technical best practice, Google algorithm and latest Google quality guidelines and feed this into the owned and earned team
Skills and Experience
● You are a person that has strong technical SEO experience
● At least 2 years working in SEO and understand why technical SEO needs to be at the heart of a website
● You excel in identifying technical bugs and optimisations and prioritising accordingly to deliver value at speed
● You are highly analytical, using consumer, site and search data to drive growth.
● You should have an excellent knowledge of HTML and on-site web development, with the ability to understand the key changes required to improve site performance and manage this with on-site teams
● You are comfortable and keen to share the latest technical SEO best practices with team members and stakeholders.
● You can demonstrate a good understanding of SEO tools like botify, screamingfrog, searchmetrics, GSC and SEO monitor
● You understand the importance of log file analysis, crawl budgets and indexibility issues and can understand how Googlebot is behaving across websites.
● You have experience in web analytic platforms like Google analytics & Adobe
Salary: Competitive - depending on experience + excellent benefits which include:
Pension - Up to 20% (matched up to 10% employee, 10% employer)
Holiday - 25 days (plus your birthday and bank holidays on top!)
Private Medical, Life Assurance, Dental and the ability to buy/sell holiday, opt in to our Share Save and many more salary sacrifice schemes
What to do now?
If this role sounds right up your street, then then click apply to send through your profile.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!