Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessBrand & Marketing, Data Insight & Analytics, Digital Services
LocationHammersmith - Griffin House Hammersmith Road
Job ID 00019758
About the role
Virgin Media is re-inventing how we offer our broadband, telephone, TV and mobile services. To support us in our journey, we have an exciting new opportunity for a SEO Executive to join as part of our innovative digital transformation team.
Working as part of the traffic acquisition team and reporting into the SEO manager, as a technical/content SEO executive you’ll be a major part of the owned and earned media team helping deliver the overall SEO strategy for Virgin media.
This person will be highly analytical and have a good understanding of both technical SEO and content SEO. You’ll be involved in helping deliver high-class content strategies & copy as well as technical recommendations that help the team deliver traffic and revenue growth.
● Support the SEO manager in delivering the overall roadmap, through content and technical recommendations
● Undertake regular site crawls and technical audits to identify areas for on-site improvements
● Implement technical optimisations through product teams and the CMS
● Undertake regular keyword research, analysis and reports that help shape the overall content strategy
● Share technical/content analysis with the owned and earned team, brand and other internal departments to inform SEO and content marketing strategy.
● Produce regular and ad-hoc reports on key landing pages across the virgin domain
● Carry out technical competitor analysis to gain insight on performance and opportunities
● Support product teams by advising on technical SEO issues during MVP phases, product tests and launches
● Regularly report on overall technical KPIs alongside strategic recommendations and insights
● Track content and conversion performance through SEO and analytics tools
● Work alongside internal teams like product, partnerships and PR supporting offline campaigns with highly engaging copy and content
● Keep up to date with technical best practice, Google algorithms and the latest Google quality guidelines and feed this into the owned and earned team
Skills and Experience:
● You are a person that has strong technical SEO experience and an excellent level of content SEO and copywriting experience.
● At least 2 years working in an SEO team and understand why technical SEO needs to be at the heart of a website
● You excel in identifying technical bugs and improving content across multiple landing pages.
● You are highly analytical, using consumer, site and search data to drive growth.
● You should have an excellent knowledge of HTML and on-site web development, with the ability to understand the key changes required to improve site performance and manage this with on-site teams
● You are comfortable and keen to share the latest SEO best practices with team members and stakeholders.
● You can demonstrate a good understanding of SEO tools like botify, screamingfrog, searchmetrics, GSC, SEMRush, Nozzle, Content Harmony and SEO monitor
● You understand the importance of log file analysis, crawl budgets and indexibility issues and can understand how Googlebot is behaving across websites.
● You understand the importance of user behaviour and content on landing pages and can understand how Googlebot views these elements
● You have experience in web analytic platforms like Google analytics & Adobe
Salary: Competitve - depending on experiece + excellent benefits which include:
Pension - Up to 20% (matched up to 10% employee, 10% employer)
Holiday - 25 days (plus your birthday and bank holidays on top!)
Private Medical, Life Assurance, Dental and the ability to buy/sell holiday, opt in to our Share Save and many more salary sacrifice schemes
What to do now?
If this role sounds right up your street, then then click apply to send through your profile
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!