Senior Strategy ConsultantLondon
Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessStrategy & Planning, Planning & Engineering
LocationHammersmith - Griffin House Hammersmith Road
Job ID 00026610
About the role
As a senior strategy consultant within the Network Strategy & Engineering (NSE) unit, you will provide an in-house consulting service to support NSE / CTO senior leadership. The Senior Strategy Consultant role is embedded in the Assessments team which is a dedicated group of strategy consultants who support NSE & CTO leadership by leading operating model refinement initiatives, NSE wide strategy development, budget optimisation and strategic options analysis. The Assessment Team act as a trusted partner by delivering rigorous, structured & well-articulated strategic insights to enable NSE / CTO senior management decision making.
The Senior Strategy Consultant will use a broad range of strategy, analysis, consulting, project management and stakeholder management skills to generate high impact and high value adding insights. This is high profile role, with significant exposure to NSE senior leadership and for the right candidate offers a fantastic opportunity to gain senior level insights into Virgin Media O2.
As a Senior Strategy Consultant you will work both independently and with virtual teams of internal subject matter experts, where you will collaborate to solve some of the biggest commercial, technical & operating model challenges that Virgin Media O2 faces.
- From day one you will lead Assessment projects and manage the ad-hoc insight requests that cascade down from the CTO office
- You will provide fast turnaround, high impact analysis to guide NSE / CTO senior leadership decision making
- As part of Assessment projects, you will identify improvements areas and advise NSE / CTO senior leadership of the best options for implementation
- You will facilitate the development of ROM commercial cases, full business cases, investment cases as part of NSE projects, programmes & initiatives
- Stakeholder management and communications will be part of all Assessment projects and it will be the role of the Senior Strategy Consultant to align with all parties to achieve consensus based decision making
- Notable experience in corporate strategy, strategy / technology consulting and project management will be critical to succeed in the Senior Strategy Consultant role
- A proven capability in absorbing complex information and translating into concise / simplified insights
- Excellent communication and presentational skills with proven experience of being able to distil complex themes and strategic recommendations into simple unambiguous messages for senior management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills in order to deliver recommendations around the viability of product development, technology & operating model change proposals
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate and influence staff across all organisational tiers
- Cable or telecoms experience is beneficial, but not essential as we also value insights and methodologies from other industries
- Knowledge of Telecoms (fixed network or mobile) is beneficial, but not essential given that we regularly draw upon subject matter expert insights from across Virgin Media O2
- 25 days' annual leave, plus UK bank holidays.
- Your birthday off every year, to treat yourself.
- A defined contribution pension scheme, run by Fidelity, matched up to 10%.
- An annual bonus of up to 15%, based on company performance
- Discounts on Virgin Media O2 products and services
This is both a exciting and demanding role, you will be able to have a real impact on our business and the service we offer to customers, if this sounds like an exciting challenge, then click apply to send through your profile and begin the next step of your career.