Senior Site Reliability EngineerLondon
Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessCyber Security
LocationHammersmith - Griffin House Hammersmith Road
Job ID 00030933
About the role
We need Security and Reliability Engineering teams to constantly assess and test our responses to different types of risks and attacks. We are creating a Resilience Engineering team that will help build & design resilient systems, find vulnerabilities, risks, and limits in our systems and critical applications before they lead to large scale issues.
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer you must have a great desire to help the engineers around you succeed, be comfortable consulting with teams that are implementing solutions and tools, whilst endeavouring to build strong relationships with partner teams that will allow you to succeed faster than if working alone
You will be someone that believes in automation and is seeking to simplify processes or technology for scalability, operability and to reduce lead and delivery timelines as much as possible.
Who we are
Our Information Security team develop and build processes that allow Software Engineering and digital functions to make secure decisions for our customers. We partner with our engineers to prioritise security during the entire software development life cycle and provide them with tools and programs to do so including an evolving bug bounty and Security Champions programmes.
At Virgin Media O2 we're going All In, to remove bias and barriers for our people and our candidates. We're working hard to achieve bold ambitions, to help us better represent the diverse communities we serve across the UK. As an equal opportunities employer, we support and encourage you, to be your authentic self throughout your application journey.
The must haves
In order to be considered, you must have the following experience;
- Experience working as a Site Reliability Engineer or DevOps Engineer, with a focus on observability and reliability.
- A background in applying security and resilience design principles to review platform and application architectures to meet SLA/SLO/SLI targets.
- Strong familiarity with systems automation and configuration management tools as well as infrastructure as code (IaC), with preference for terraform.
- Proven background in implementing reliability testing (pre and post deployment) and chaos engineering strategies.
The other stuff we're looking for
We'd also love you to bring;
- Strong operational expertise with at least one cloud provider, with preference for GCP.
- Familiarity with continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD).
- Ability to collaborate and problem solve across teams.
- A humility and an eagerness to learn from mistakes and you demonsrate the lessons learned.
- Ability to collaborate well with your team and partner teams
- Dedication to life long learning and a growth mindset
What's in it for you?
We know that benefits mean so much more than the 'stuff' we can give you, so we offer a wide range of support, rewards and tools - all focused on helping you to prioritise what really matters.
All work and no play just isn't our style! We're already planning our future ways of working, for when life becomes a little more normal again. We're constantly evolving our approach to enable you to find a great work life balance.
If we feel like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you. Once you've submitted an application the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include a follow up call with the Recruiter followed by a formal 2 stage interview process.
When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you. Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media O2 family.