Senior SEO ManagerLondon
Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessData Insight & Analytics, Digital Services, Customer Experience
LocationHammersmith - Griffin House Hammersmith Road
Job ID 00029522
About the role
Working as part of the traffic acquisition team and reporting into the Head of Owned and Earned, as a Senior SEO Manager you will be a key hire within the owned and earned media team, responsible for the entire end to end SEO process.
You should possess excellent knowledge of SEO, be highly analytical and a real self-starter. This person will be required to deliver the SEO strategy for key products within the Virgin Media o2 portfolio alongside the day-to-day growth & optimisation of the SEO channel to deliver traffic and revenue growth.
Birmingham, Manchester, or London (Hammersmith) with flexible working patterns to allow home remote working.
• Creation and delivery of SEO strategies across the Virgin Media and o2 domain
• Defining and overseeing the delivery and implementation of technical, on-page and content audits and optimisations
• Clearly articulate overall SEO trading performance and be responsible for hitting SEO forecasts and targets.
• Work with customer and internal product data to understand and improve website behavior and conversion rates across Virgin Media and o2.
• Help create a tech SEO roadmap and strategy that drives value at speed
• Help create and manage an organic content strategy and meet scheduled content product deadlines and launches
• Support product teams by advising on SEO issues during MVP phases, product tests and launches
• Regularly report on overall technical KPIs alongside strategic recommendations and insights
• Keep up to date with technical best practice, Google algorithm and latest Google quality guidelines and feed this into overall strategy for virgin media
• Be an advocate for the owned and earned team integrating with other digital departments
• Deep understanding of content and conversion performance and its impact on SEO and help create and maintain expansive and informative copy that identifies with consumers
• Manage content prioritisation, assessing impact and value to virgin media and o2
• Direct content & technical execs when analyzing SERP and site performance and identify opportunities for both quick and long term wins.
Skills and Experience:
• You are a person that wants to shape and execute the SEO performance across key virgin media and o2 products
• You'll have strong experience working in SEO and understand why SEO needs to be at the heart of changes across the website
• You excel in identifying technical and content optimization opportunities and prioritising accordingly to deliver value at speed
• You believe in facts not feelings when making changes, using consumer, site and search data to drive growth.
• You should have a good knowledge of HTML and on-site web development, with the ability to understand the key changes required to improve site performance and manage this with on-site teams
• Experience in developing high-quality and engaging content, with proven results for improving organic search traffic and site performance
• You are comfortable and keen to share the latest SEO best practices with team members, stakeholders and senior leadership
• You can demonstrate a good understanding of SEO tools like botify, contentking, sitebulb, GSC and SEO monitor
• You enjoy working with product, content tech and data teams to continuously optimize user journeys to drive growth and engagement
What's in it for you?
We know that benefits mean so much more than the 'stuff' we can give you, so we offer a wide range of support, rewards and tools - all focused on helping you to prioritise what really matters.
All work and no play just isn't our style! We're already planning our future ways of working, for when life becomes a little more normal again. We're constantly evolving our approach to enable you to find a great work life balance.
We're also open to chatting about part time or adjusted working (so don't be worried to ask the question).
If you go on to be successful in your application, some of the many benefits include:
● 25 days' annual leave, plus UK bank holidays.
● A defined contribution pension scheme, run by Fidelity, matched up to 10%.
● An annual bonus of up to 15%, based on company performance.
● Access to wellbeing benefits such as the Unmind App, personal medical cover (which you can opt to upgrade to cover loved ones) and critical illness cover.
● Your birthday off every year, to treat yourself.
● The option to buy and sell up to 5 days leave, to suit your personal needs.
If you think you've got some amazing skills to offer us, and Virgin Media feels like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you. Once you've submitted an application the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include 2 stage interview process
When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you.
Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media family.