Senior Project ManagerGateshead
Time TypeFull time
Area of BusinessNetwork Expansion
LocationGateshead - The Dukeries Dukesway West
Job ID 00029094
About the role
There will be blended working with a healthy mix between office, home and occasional travel required. A car allowance is included in this role.
Our Senior Project Manager will be accountable for Project Leadership and Delivery of a project within Network Expansion build (or a series of projects) delivering c. 40k premises pa / c. £25m capex spend.
You'll be responsible for the end-to-end project planning and delivery (working with the RPMO) and accountable for owning the project from opportunity assessment through to project closure. The position will include leading an Integrated Project Team (some direct reports with the majority being matrix reports) who will have collective accountability for delivery of the overall project.
This is directly linked to the VMO2 growth agenda, covering HSEQ, programme, quality, cost construction & commissioning.
We will need our superstar to implement and maintain a consistent project management methodology (NetEx Programme Way), ensuring projects conform to governance, including implementation and embedding of robust programme controls.
Who we are
We're on a mission to ensure that our brilliant people have a working environment in which they can truly belong and thrive. As an equal opportunities’ employer, it's critical that every single person can bring, and be, their whole selves at work.
The must haves
In order to be considered, you must have the following experience;
- Strong project management experience
- Experience managing a team preferably in a matrix managed environment
- Demonstrable experience of planning and programme delivery
- Experience working with challenging stakeholders
- Takes accountability for project outcomes
- Full UK Driving License
We'd also love you to bring;
- Previous experience in Telecommunications and/or infrastructure companies
- Owns and resolves escalated project and programme issues
- Ability to understand and manage multiple risks – taking care of uncertainty, whilst being proactive and forward-looking
- Project management methodology qualifications would be desirable (i.e. Prince 2, APM and PMI)
- Ideally would have managed programme finances and budgets
What's in it for you?
We know that benefits mean so much more than the 'stuff' we can give you, so we offer a wide range of support, rewards and tools - all focused on helping you to prioritise what really matters.
All work and no play just isn't our style! We're already planning our future ways of working, for when life becomes a little more normal again. We're constantly evolving our approach to enable you to find a great work life balance. Want to learn more about our benefits? You can check them out here.
If Virgin Media feels like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you. Once you've submitted an application the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include a video-based competency interview.
When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you. Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media family.